The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day 2020 Countdown Thread - IT'S HERE!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rolo1234
even if my classwork and homework was bad?

It’s most likely they will base your predictions off your highest mocks and just their overall perception of you so basically if your work was bad but behaviour was good it levels itself out, if you get what i mean
Have any of you found out how your results day is going to go? I had to pick up my leavers hoodie the other day and my head of year said they'll be scheduling times for us to come in individually and then we'll have to immediately leave after. Although, that may change.
Original post by alwaysneedadvice
Have any of you found out how your results day is going to go? I had to pick up my leavers hoodie the other day and my head of year said they'll be scheduling times for us to come in individually and then we'll have to immediately leave after. Although, that may change.

Same, I've also picked up my hoodie recently. My school is emailing our results.
Original post by Bookworm_88
Same, I've also picked up my hoodie recently. My school is emailing our results.

They didn't do the whole leavers hoodie thing in my skl :frown:
Original post by Sameera2020
They didn't do the whole leavers hoodie thing in my skl :frown:

Sad:redface:

My schools gonna email us our results and at first I was annoyed cos we weren't getting the proper results day experience but now I'm just accepting it and dont really care anymore
Reply 86

Ours are being emailed to us
good luck everyone <3
isn't it 4 weeks to go now?
Yup. i’m getting hella scared now
Original post by CoolCavy

GCSE Results Countdown 2020 4 - Weeks to go!

[countdown]1597878000000[/countdown]

Results day is looming and TSR tradition means we have to have a countdown thread for everyone to get to know each other, talk about their hopes/fears and generally relax (as well as sharing advice and information before the big day)! Introduce yourself; feel free to post the subjects you have done, the grades you would like, and any results day plans for the 20th

Vote in the poll above how you are feeling about the day! Goodluck everyone :grouphugs:

hey can you give me a link to that countdown timer?
Original post by cloud_9_
My schools gonna email us our results and at first I was annoyed cos we weren't getting the proper results day experience but now I'm just accepting it and dont really care anymore

same!:biggrin:
prsom
Reply 92
Either way I'm gonna cry on results day so fingers crossed it's happy tears...
eek! it doesn't feel real :s-smilie:
The thread timer reminds me of January when the teachers would put up the ‘days till GCSEs’ timer on the board to scare us. That aged well :colone:
Original post by TakeALittleWalk
Mailed most likely

Original post by limitlesspuffy
Is results day going to be virtual?

I can go into my school to collect my results but we’ve all got allocated times... mines 7:45am !!!
but basically our teachers will bring an envelope whilst we are in the car so we can’t actually get out or anything.
Original post by Kool Kats
Ah yours sound good! Which subject are you hoping for a 9 in? I’m hoping for 9s in German and art, in German I’m already fluent and have been hitting 9s consistently but I always freeze up in the speaking and got a 7:colonhash: and in art I’ve been getting 8+s and once a 9- but I didn’t get a chance to finish my coursework:frown:

I was hoping for a 9 in maths, but I doubt I would get that in my gcses results. Like I got an 8 twice, but I've mainly been getting 7s in Maths.
@Kool Kats How are you getting things like 8+ and 9- my school only gave dead on 8's and 9's
They're asking us to come in to pick up our results. Should be nice seeing some teachers one last time I guess.
just slightly over 3 weeks now

Quick Reply

Latest