The Student Room Group

Feel jealous when I go on Instagram

Whenever I go on Instagram, I see soo many photos of people with their friends and I automatically compare myself eg. How many comments did that get, who was with them etc..... I feel like my life is so much more boring and I don't have enough friends. How are they always meeting up with their friends and I'm not. Why why why 😭
Why do I feel so jealous and down whenever I go on Instagram? Does anyone else feel like that 😔
Original post by Anonymous
Whenever I go on Instagram, I see soo many photos of people with their friends and I automatically compare myself eg. How many comments did that get, who was with them etc..... I feel like my life is so much more boring and I don't have enough friends. How are they always meeting up with their friends and I'm not. Why why why 😭
Why do I feel so jealous and down whenever I go on Instagram? Does anyone else feel like that 😔

I have felt like that. There has been times when I had no friends to go out with and I only had 25 followers on Instagram. I remember making a post that got only 3 likes from family. I got very depressed and I wanted more friends. I saw so many posts of people having friends and hanging out with others but I was always the quiet socially awkward kid that was never missed. I eventually started to make friends online and they have helped me.
I definitely feel you.
How many followers do you have if you don't mind me asking?
Instagram isn’t a realistic representation of real life, people post only the good things they do. I know it’s easier said than done, but try not to think about how many likes/comments a post gets.

What me and my friends do when social media is making us feel bad is we come off it for a while, we would put the apps like Instagram and FB on mute/turn notifications off and stop using them and focused on ourselves irl.

I hope this helps
Original post by Physicsqueen
Instagram isn’t a realistic representation of real life, people post only the good things they do. I know it’s easier said than done, but try not to think about how many likes/comments a post gets.

What me and my friends do when social media is making us feel bad is we come off it for a while, we would put the apps like Instagram and FB on mute/turn notifications off and stop using them and focused on ourselves irl.

I hope this helps

I agree with this one. Social media only tells the story people want you to hear
Life bragging/lying is about 75% of all social media. Don't compare yourself to works of fiction.
Reply 5
I have felt like that. There has been times when I had no friends to go out with and I only had 25 followers on Instagram. I remember making a post that got only 3 likes from family. I got very depressed and I wanted more friends. I saw so many posts of people having friends and hanging out with others but I was always the quiet socially awkward kid that was never missed. I eventually started to make friends online and they have helped me.
I definitely feel you.
How many followers do you have if you don't mind me asking?

I'm glad I'm not alone :hugs: Hope you're okay now

Answering your q,I have like 200 followers, but don't compare my follower stat to yours- we're probs in diff phases of our life so pls don't compare how many followers I have to you.
In a way its good that you only have a few followers, you don't need to feel the pressure to perfect all your photos xxx

I think whenever I don't go on intsa, i feel a lot better and maybe you should try that too. When you focus on the good in your life the good gets better, really. :h:
Reply 6
Original post by Physicsqueen

I hope this helps

I agree with this one. Social media only tells the story people want you to hear

Original post by StriderHort
Life bragging/lying is about 75% of all social media. Don't compare yourself to works of fiction.

thank you so much for your comments, i feel a bit better now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest