The Student Room Group
Fort William campus
University of the Highlands and Islands

University of the Highlands and the Islands (UHI) 2020 applicant chat thread

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to UHI for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heyy, an international student here. I got accepted (unconditionally) to UHI to study history and archeology (in Inverness). Any history students? Still feeling little unsure about accepting the place as there's very little or mixed reviews about the uni. Anyone else? ☺️
Fort William campus
University of the Highlands and Islands
I’m going to nhc
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
I’m unconditional for UHI SAMS in September for marine science yet I can’t find anyone else going to UHI 😂
Reply 4
Hey,

I did accept my offer and welp, starting the course in September. Still little nervous, but looking forward to the change. I'd love to chat with others who are going to study at UHI (especially if in Inverness). ☺️
Original post by Noira
Hey,

I did accept my offer and welp, starting the course in September. Still little nervous, but looking forward to the change. I'd love to chat with others who are going to study at UHI (especially if in Inverness). ☺️

Good luck
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
I ended up accepting mine as my firm choice as well and am starting it in September and can’t seem to find anyone else😂
I got an email called “confirmation of contract” which states that I only have 14 days to cancel my unconditional place at UHI but I have a conditional at a different college which I need to get my exam results for but the come out on the 4th August which is a lot more than 2 weeks away. What do I do?
Reply 8
You have like a week left where you can change your insurance and firm choice of you have confirmation from both unis involved so you could swap your insurance choice which would be the conditional and your firm choice which would be UHI ? Is it UHI or the conditional you want ?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to UHI for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

I got an offer from UHI Perth Campus for Audio Engineering course for September 2020. Does anybody know anything about the course and its quality?

How is life in Perth?
Accepted my unconditional offer at Moray College UHI to do Care and Administrative Practice :smile:.

Can’t wait to get started!.
Original post by dizzy.unicorn49
Accepted my unconditional offer at Moray College UHI to do Care and Administrative Practice :smile:.

Can’t wait to get started!.

me too!
Eager to find out study arrangements etc
Original post by Steffie94
me too!
Eager to find out study arrangements etc

Cool.

Yeah I’m eager to get started like!.
Anyone for the "Applied Software Development"?
Reply 14
Starting Fine Art at Moray in September. Can't find anyone else and I know absolutely nothing about the arrangements for the course.
Original post by Gizela
Starting Fine Art at Moray in September. Can't find anyone else and I know absolutely nothing about the arrangements for the course.

I’m the same with the Care and Administrative Practice course... I know COVID is getting in the way, but I would have thought there would be more preparation just in case...
Reply 16
I’m the same with the Care and Administrative Practice course... I know COVID is getting in the way, but I would have thought there would be more preparation just in case...

It's possible we will be told more by the end of the week since the government are supposed to be giving more guidance for the schools. At least it should give us an idea if there is any point moving into the accommodation for the first term.
Original post by Gizela
It's possible we will be told more by the end of the week since the government are supposed to be giving more guidance for the schools. At least it should give us an idea if there is any point moving into the accommodation for the first term.

Yeah, I’ve not even heard anything from the student accommodation since I sent the forms and my deposit to them... it’s stressing me more than it needs to be lol...
Reply 18
Yeah, I’ve not even heard anything from the student accommodation since I sent the forms and my deposit to them... it’s stressing me more than it needs to be lol...

Lol, same here. I'm still waiting for the tenancy agreement and I need to know if it is actually worth going or if everything will be online for the first term since not having to go would save me a 6 hour journey.
Original post by Gizela
Lol, same here. I'm still waiting for the tenancy agreement and I need to know if it is actually worth going or if everything will be online for the first term since not having to go would save me a 6 hour journey.

Heh yeah, I need it for the hardship fund to help me pay it as I can’t afford it fully (my parents are retired and being 35 I shouldn’t rely on them lol)...

Quick Reply

Latest