The Student Room Group

Anxiety

Recently my anxiety has been very bad and I mean very bad to the point where I don’t have an appetite anymore and I can’t sleep. I’m constantly in my room because my mum doesn’t let me leave my house even though I’m 18 she doesn’t care I’ve tried everything she won’t let me leave.

Since I’m always in my bedroom, I’m always alone with my thoughts. My friends think I’m too depressing so I don’t really talk to them anymore because I don’t want to be a burden. I feel extremely lonely and quarantine has made my anxiety so much worse. As crazy as it sounds I can’t wait for school because I just want a distraction. Since school doesn’t start until September I’m going to be stuck at home until then. How do I get rid of this anxiety and depression I can’t handle it anymore. I would NEVER commit suicide I just want to be happy
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Recently my anxiety has been very bad and I mean very bad to the point where I don’t have an appetite anymore and I can’t sleep. I’m constantly in my room because my mum doesn’t let me leave my house even though I’m 18 she doesn’t care I’ve tried everything she won’t let me leave.

Since I’m always in my bedroom, I’m always alone with my thoughts. My friends think I’m too depressing so I don’t really talk to them anymore because I don’t want to be a burden. I feel extremely lonely and quarantine has made my anxiety so much worse. As crazy as it sounds I can’t wait for school because I just want a distraction. Since school doesn’t start until September I’m going to be stuck at home until then. How do I get rid of this anxiety and depression I can’t handle it anymore. I would NEVER commit suicide I just want to be happy

Go and see your gp! Call the Samiritans.
Reply 2
Original post by mgi
Go and see your gp! Call the Samiritans.

I really do want to see a Gp but I gotta wait until corona is over plus I don’t really like telling people my problems because I don’t want them judging me :frown:
Reply 3
I really do want to see a Gp but I gotta wait until corona is over plus I don’t really like telling people my problems because I don’t want them judging me :frown:

A gp will in no way be judging you! And no you don't have to wait until Corona is over at all! Your pride must not be allowed to stop you getting the help that you really need!
Reply 4
:frown:
A gp will not judge you.

You can call the samiritans on 116 123.

You can speak to me if you feel the need to talk via pm.
Reply 6
Original post by Analyst89
A gp will not judge you.

You can call the samiritans on 116 123.

You can speak to me if you feel the need to talk via pm.

Thank you so much for your kind support. I really didn’t expect anyone to read this
Reply 7
Thank you so much for your kind support. I really didn’t expect anyone to read this

We did! And a gp is not paid to judge people who turn up with problems! It's their job to try to help!
I’m not surprised you have anxiety if you aren’t allowed to leave the house. Is anyone in the household particularly vulnerable?

Quick Reply

Latest