The Student Room Group

I’d binge eating a eating disorder?

Is it a eating disorder or considered something else?

Scroll to see replies

It is an eating disorder
Reply 2
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
It is an eating disorder

How would you go about treating it?
You should contact your GP if you think you have a problem. How long has this been going on for?
Reply 4
Original post by YaliaV
You should contact your GP if you think you have a problem. How long has this been going on for?

I didn’t realise I had a problem with it. It didn’t seem to think anything of it until this lockdown. This lockdown has triggered it a lot and I feel like it’s becoming a problem. I binge then hate myself for it, feel disgusted with myself. Then about an hour later I carry on eating it till I’ve finished it. And then I hate myself. I hate myself to the point that it’s affecting my day to day life now
Original post by Anonymous
I didn’t realise I had a problem with it. It didn’t seem to think anything of it until this lockdown. This lockdown has triggered it a lot and I feel like it’s becoming a problem. I binge then hate myself for it, feel disgusted with myself. Then about an hour later I carry on eating it till I’ve finished it. And then I hate myself. I hate myself to the point that it’s affecting my day to day life now

I’m really sorry you’re experiencing this :frown:. If you need to talk about it my pms are open but really, you do need to speak to your GP about this as it is a serious problem, especially if it is affecting your day to day life.
Reply 6
I’m really sorry you’re experiencing this :frown:. If you need to talk about it my pms are open but really, you do need to speak to your GP about this as it is a serious problem, especially if it is affecting your day to day life.

With coronavirus though you’re not really supposed to go to the GP unless it’s essential and I don’t think this classes as essential. I’m not sick
With coronavirus though you’re not really supposed to go to the GP unless it’s essential and I don’t think this classes as essential. I’m not sick

Call them up - I saw a gp for a swollen cheek and that was when the pandemic was at its worst, they won’t be as busy now and an eating disorder is serious enough to justify an appointment. A lot of them are doing phone consultations so I’d say call them and see what they suggest :smile:
Reply 8
Call them up - I saw a gp for a swollen cheek and that was when the pandemic was at its worst, they won’t be as busy now and an eating disorder is serious enough to justify an appointment. A lot of them are doing phone consultations so I’d say call them and see what they suggest :smile:

Thanks. I feel like if I go to a gp though it’ll become real and I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet

PRSOM
PRSOM

What does that mean?
Thanks. I feel like if I go to a gp though it’ll become real and I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet

I completely understand but you can’t fight this on your own. You need help and the earlier you get it, the better you will feel.

However, if you’re not ready to talk to the GP first, maybe tell a trusted family member or friend? But please speak to your GP as soon as you feel you can as it is really important.
What does that mean?

Please rep some other member

Out of interest, do you eat until you feel so full that you feel ill as well? I only ask because I've got an eating disorder (started with anorexia, then bulimia, then a mix) and I'm now in recovery and one of things I've had to do in recovery is learn all about eating disorders. I'd get an appointment and nip it in the bud, though I realise it may be easier said than done and to be fair, I took three years even to be ready to start recovery of any form.
I completely understand but you can’t fight this on your own. You need help and the earlier you get it, the better you will feel.

However, if you’re not ready to talk to the GP first, maybe tell a trusted family member or friend? But please speak to your GP as soon as you feel you can as it is really important.

Okay thanks for the advice and guidance it does help
Out of interest, do you eat until you feel so full that you feel ill as well? I only ask because I've got an eating disorder (started with anorexia, then bulimia, then a mix) and I'm now in recovery and one of things I've had to do in recovery is learn all about eating disorders. I'd get an appointment and nip it in the bud, though I realise it may be easier said than done and to be fair, I took three years even to be ready to start recovery of any form.

Yeah when I binge really bad I end up eating to the point where I’m gagging because I feel that full
yeah it is i have it
Okay thanks for the advice and guidance it does help

You’re welcome. I’m sorry I couldn’t help more. I hope you feel better soon :smile:

Also, I’m really sorry you’re experiencing that
Original post by Hannah0505
yeah it is i have it

Have you been to a gp?

Quick Reply

Latest