The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Chemistry

I’m massively stuck between Durham and York for Masters in chemistry. I’m very interested in the environmental/green/sustainable chemistry side of the subject, and while it is clear the York course has a lot of this content I can’t see anything about it in the Durham course. Could anyone who knows about the course let me know how much of this content there is?
Original post by Reece1510
I’m massively stuck between Durham and York for Masters in chemistry. I’m very interested in the environmental/green/sustainable chemistry side of the subject, and while it is clear the York course has a lot of this content I can’t see anything about it in the Durham course. Could anyone who knows about the course let me know how much of this content there is?

Hey there :smile:

I'm not very well versed in the Durham course but I'm a current student at Southampton.
I am also really interested in sustainable chemistry and the reason I chose my uni was because you could choose options in it.
If it's very important to you that you can study it, then I would pick York.

Some Chemistry courses are more traditional and stick to solid inorganic, organic and physical chemistry until when you get into your later years/have more choice and eventually do some research.
For more info you should definitely scan the Durham prospectus and see if there is a way of asking their department about it.

I hope this helps you somewhat.
Best wishes,
Cheese :bump:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest