The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josh burns
Hello everyone

on medify in QR ive been getting 800 plus but on medentry ive been get in the 600s

if medify too easy or medentry too hard?

Yeah, I used both and found that Medentry marks harshly. I’ve always been getting 600-650 on Medentry QR and I got 740 in the real thing yesterday.

Your score will most likely be a lot higher in the real thing compared to ur medentry score
Reply 21
Has anyone successfully taken the test at home on a Mac? Or should I change to a test center?
For anyone who successfully took the test at home, please could you give a quick walkthrough of the process.
Reply 22
Original post by shubhamsingh
Has anyone successfully taken the test at home on a Mac? Or should I change to a test center?
For anyone who successfully took the test at home, please could you give a quick walkthrough of the process.

If you have read above, none have been a success at home (for me). I had issues taking a picture of my drivers licence, nobody could help, so they cancelled my test.
Why is "no" the correct answer for statement four ? If they are studying developmental, this is only possible if they have also studied social ?Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 12.55.57.png
Original post by shubhamsingh

I have my test tomorrow at 4pm, had to reschedule (they seem to have updated the software basically overnight and my operating system became unsupported; sorted now). Make sure you have macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Original post by lastlullabyy
I have my test tomorrow at 4pm, had to reschedule (they seem to have updated the software basically overnight and my operating system became unsupported; sorted now). Make sure you have macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

I am on macOS 10.15.5 .. what should I do ?
Reply 26

Hi, thank you I've made sure my system is updated. Good luck with your test I hope it goes well, and please could you share your experience once done.
Original post by lhh2003
I am on macOS 10.15.5 .. what should I do ?

If you run system check and it’s fine, then newer version is defo ok :smile:

I just don’t use my macbook very often, so had like sierra 10.12.sth haha
Original post by Bigreshe
Hi guys,Did my ucat and got:VR: 560DM: 720QR: 780AR: 800Overall: 2860SJT: Band 2I'm really happy with this score but am worried that my VR will negatively impact my application. Any advice?

Wow that score's amazing! Well done!

I have a fw qs about using the calculator during the exam:
1. Can you use backspace to remove the numbers?
2. Do you have to type '0' for when you type e.g. '0.99' or can you just type '.99'?
3.Whilst doing the official ucat mocks, I sometimes have to click ON/C to actually be able to type the numbers in but sometimes I didn't. Did you have to click ON/C every time in the exam?
Reply 29
If you run system check and it’s fine, then newer version is defo ok :smile:

I just don’t use my macbook very often, so had like sierra 10.12.sth haha

Good luck for tomorrow. I had no success today. Having to rethink what I will do.
hey - is anyone having problems w the UCAT website calculator?? it wont let me type numbers unless i use the mouse to click on the calc first and then i cant go to the next question without clicking back onto the page???? is this an issue in the real thing (it's not numlcok or an issue with my computer as i have this issue on multiple different computers and friends have had the same issue) It's just the UCAT website as medify has no issues!!!
Original post by 730+
Good luck for tomorrow. I had no success today. Having to rethink what I will do.

Why couldn’t you take the photo of your driving license, did they just not accept it or did the app to upload it to didn’t work? So sorry to hear that, really frustrating!
Reply 32
Why couldn’t you take the photo of your driving license, did they just not accept it or did the app to upload it to didn’t work? So sorry to hear that, really frustrating!

I started the registration proces (third time this week) and got as far as inputing my drivers license and registration in the U.K. Once it came to actually taking a picture of the front and back proctorcam did not provide the option to take the picture. After 5 failed attempts I called customer service who were useless. I was on the phone for around 45 minutes until the second person said that he was afraid it was too late for me and that I needed to cancel the test. OnVue would not help me. My concern about doing it on a weekend is that the Pearson Vue helpline is not open. (Not trying to scare you and fingers crossed it rocks for you tom). Right now I have no test scheduled.
I was supposed to have started my test at 2PM today but OnVUE said that my mac doesn't meet the minimum system requirements:frown: so now I ve rescheduled and my Mac Os is updating.

I didn't even get to start signing in. I was mentally prepared now I'm really frustrated that this has to carry on to tomorrow, my plans for the rest of today are ruined.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SoonToDelete
I was supposed to have started my test at 2PM today but OnVUE said that my mac doesn't meet the minimum system requirements:frown: so now I ve rescheduled and my Mac Os is updating.

That happened to me on Wednesday. Doing it tomorrow now.

They had to update their system requirements because I’ve done several system tests and it was fine previously 🤦🏻*♀️
Reply 35
Original post by SoonToDelete

I didn't even get to start signing in. I was mentally prepared now I'm really frustrated that this has to carry on to tomorrow, my plans for the rest of today are ruined.

So sorry - I know what that build and let down feeling is!
Original post by lhh2003
Why is "no" the correct answer for statement four ? If they are studying developmental, this is only possible if they have also studied social ?Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 12.55.57.png

It's because out of all the psychology graduates, not all of them studied developmental, but out of all the people who took the social psychology course, all of them had to take developmental. Therefore you can't conclude that everyone who studied developmental also studied social because some of the graduates could have studied developmental without taking the social psychology course - it implies that it is possible to take developmental by itself.
what time stamps should I use for QR? ty
Original post by sconemd
Congratulations for finishing, and for some great scores!

I think most universities use the overall score or the average to assess UCAT performance, but if you aren't sure, do check with the unis you intend to apply to :smile:

Thank you
Reply 39
How much time should you spend preparing for your UCAT to achieve an exceptional score?

Latest

Trending

Trending