The Student Room Group

PayPal & depop

When selling things on Depop I always have issues with the money
So I’ve sold two things recently
One has been revived and it even says this on the tracking and the buyer has messaged me but the money is still on hold
What can u fo about this as I’ve even added shipping details on PayPal to the payment and u can see it’s been received !
I even tried phoning the Paypal number but because of close it it won’t let me talk to anyone
Very frustrating
Reply 1
Original post by Foreverconfu
When selling things on Depop I always have issues with the money
So I’ve sold two things recently
One has been revived and it even says this on the tracking and the buyer has messaged me but the money is still on hold
What can u fo about this as I’ve even added shipping details on PayPal to the payment and u can see it’s been received !
I even tried phoning the Paypal number but because of close it it won’t let me talk to anyone
Very frustrating

If u add the shipping information, such as tracking it can still take up to a week, but if you have added nothing it takes 21 days to be made available to your paypal balance making it so you can withdraw it to your bank account. This is very frustrating indeed I know the pain :smile:
Original post by Tello
If u add the shipping information, such as tracking it can still take up to a week, but if you have added nothing it takes 21 days to be made available to your paypal balance making it so you can withdraw it to your bank account. This is very frustrating indeed I know the pain :smile:

Hiya, thanks for your reply and yes I have indeed done this however it’s been over a week!
I have also spoken to the person who bought the item of people and they said that it’s still marked a shipping that it hasn’t been marked as arrived yet can’t even get hold of PayPal
Reply 3
Original post by Foreverconfu
Hiya, thanks for your reply and yes I have indeed done this however it’s been over a week!
I have also spoken to the person who bought the item of people and they said that it’s still marked a shipping that it hasn’t been marked as arrived yet can’t even get hold of PayPal

Hi, it may take the 21 days
Reply 4
If money goes on hold on PayPal, you are entitled to ship the item and add any shipping/tracking numbers you have to the transaction. PayPal will release the money 24hrs after the tracking number you submitted shows that the item was delivered.
Money is held because either what you have sold does not align previous selling history (i.e if you sold 100 watches and then you sold a car door etc) or you are deemed a high risk account (either because you are new or have bought/sold to other high risk accounts). Just because it is being held it shouldn't give you a reason not to ship the item.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending