The Student Room Group

BLM performance on Britain’s got talent sparks complaints

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pinkisk
If they are going to allow one perspective they must at least allow the other...If they are going to allow the BLM a voice, they must allow those who oppose BLM and its leftist extremism a voice too, otherwise they are just being biased and indoctrinating. This is exactly what all this is. It's nothing but bias and indoctrination in marxism, in the far left, by the media.

I think this is the point exactly..

I get annoyed when people say 'get politics out of x/y/z type of entertainment. In my experiance politics has always been a part of most forms of entertainment.. I don't think its the presence of politics that people are feeling uncomfortable with, its just that the political views are only being represented from one dimension. Go back 30 years and you could find TV shows/films that skew in both dirrections poltiical, some more progressive, some more conservative, and on each issue you got multiple perspectives. These days things in the media have become so one sided, and that's when I start to hear "I don't want politics in my ...." - really though they just need an alternative that fits the way they think, not the removal of politics entirely.

Youtube is a great counter example of where both sides and all opinions are actually represented, and funily enough despite being a major form of entertainement, you don't hear a lot of 'get poltiics out of youtube'.

I'm 100% fine with diversity representing their opinion.. but next week lets have a pro-british-police type thing that highlgihts how well our police have done in, well, not killing black people... (I would be joking, if it weren't for the crowds of people who actually believe that they do..)
Original post by fallen_acorns
I think this is the point exactly..

I get annoyed when people say 'get politics out of x/y/z type of entertainment. In my experiance politics has always been a part of most forms of entertainment.. I don't think its the presence of politics that people are feeling uncomfortable with, its just that the political views are only being represented from one dimension. Go back 30 years and you could find TV shows/films that skew in both dirrections poltiical, some more progressive, some more conservative, and on each issue you got multiple perspectives. These days things in the media have become so one sided, and that's when I start to hear "I don't want politics in my ...." - really though they just need an alternative that fits the way they think, not the removal of politics entirely.

Youtube is a great counter example of where both sides and all opinions are actually represented, and funily enough despite being a major form of entertainement, you don't hear a lot of 'get poltiics out of youtube'.

I'm 100% fine with diversity representing their opinion.. but next week lets have a pro-british-police type thing that highlgihts how well our police have done in, well, not killing black people... (I would be joking, if it weren't for the crowds of people who actually believe that they do..)

There is a serious and highly intrenched, systemic and I feel systematic political bias in the mainstream media in favour of leftist extremism against others. This problem is not limited to the media, it's widespread, I feel, in all other areas of life, in education, in Law, in everything and anything that is the mainstream and the establishment.

The most insulting thing I find about groups like the BLM is that they are promoted and supported by the very same establishment they claim is fighting against them and against which they claim they are fighting, an establishment that is CLEARLY biased in their favour, so much so that as you pointed out in your comment this establishment has alienated all those who oppose the BLM and leftists extremist dogma.

They claim to be oppressed and lacking in power in countries where almost all media outlets and all education establishments and all politicians and all major platforms on the internet support and promote them. They have more support and more power than those racist by whom they claim to be victimised and relative to whom they claim to be lacking in voice and power...
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by imlikeahermit
As it should. Political statements should not be made on a family TV show.

And who decided this?
Original post by Pinkisk
For a group called diversity, they don't seem to be very diverse.

??????????????????????
Given that political dance routines are now allowed I look forward to watching a dance troupe make the case for Thatcherism through the medium of samba.
Original post by N. Auditoré
On what grounds? White fragility is real 😍

What is white fragility, then?
Reply 26
More than a touch tasteless.
Original post by Iñigo de Loyola

Their way of saying they hate whites whilst trying to pretend they're not "racist".
CD220E3E-8DDA-40FE-B58C-081014A1BDB0.jpg.jpeg

Translation: the UK only supports black ppl who give them accolades and bragging rights and keep quiet about the issues they face because that would make us slightly uncomfortable. 😍 Censorship at it’s epitome
(edited 3 years ago)

Translation: the UK only supports black ppl who give them accolades and bragging rights and keep quiet about the issues they face because that would make us slightly uncomfortable. 😍 Censorship at it’s epitome

Educate yourself.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eb0uOg1WoAIXsoT?format=jpg

I wrote a reply but when i edited it it turned into this, oh well
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
I think Morris men would do a better job of it, at least they can black up like miners.

True. That reminds me, are Southern white leftists culturally appropriating Northern culture by going to the Durham Miners' Gala, given that these same leftists think that Adele putting her hair in Вantu knots at Carnival is appropriation?

(that said the whole concept of cultural appropriation is ********, because cultures borrowing things from each other is naturally what happens in a multicultural society)
The ability for white people to somehow be offended by a black man dying ¿

Oh well, probably because they have slave trader in their DNA (joke)

[Jewish fragility is] the ability for Jews to be offended by an Aryan dying. Oh well, it's probably because they have greedy banker in their DNA (joke)”
See how racist you sound?
Original post by TCA2b
Their way of saying they hate whites whilst trying to pretend they're not "racist".

I think some people have gone past the need to pretend they aren't racist. Regardless of whether that @SashaJohnsonBLM twitter page was real or not (and I'm pretty sure it wasn't given from what I've seen of her Sasha Johnson isn't too keen on the BLM movement), the fact that people could believe that a left wing ”community organiser” would say ”the white man will not be our equal but our slave. History is changing. #NoJusticeNoPeace” shows what BLM has done to race relations in the UK.
Lmaooo the white fragility here is so active!

White fragility is a term used to describe a strange subdivision of narcissism where white people take offence from black people expressing our problems or deflect.

Example:
“A black man was murdered by police, unarmed, execution style”

White person: I’m sure police killed white ppl too! All lives matter, the UK isn’t racist even though I’m not the target demographic for racist attacks i feel privileged enough to declare my stance as absolute!

It has nothing to do with what u attempted to describe and your attempt at making a random person hate black ppl shows u are weird, get help

Not everyone you disagree with is showing signs of white fragility. Besides, it's racist to assume that a right wing poster on TSR is white - black conservatives to exist.

Assuming you're talking about George Floyd's killing, most people in the UK of all races were outraged when that happened. As for the ALM movement, I'm not too keen on it because its supporters have a habit of holding dubious views, but saying that ”all lives matter” is not an example of fragility.

Whites can be targeted in racist attacks. I'm a white guy and have been called racial slurs, had people make casually racist remarks about whites around me and have definitely felt unwelcome in a lot of places.

No, celebrities who get involved in politics are generally disliked. Look at the reaction to Gary Lineker's constant criticism of anything right of Marx.

Besides, lots of black artists are pretty political and still get played on radio stations and sell tickets to their concerts. Look at So Solid Crew, Stormzy or Dave.

Educate yourself.

Being given posts based on your race is definitely an example of black privilege, so if this is true it sadly wouldn't surprise me.
[quote="Auditoré;90919904" N.="N."]

What?
(edited 3 years ago)
What?

Those 2 are not the same as you purposely made Jews, the marginally oppressed group the aggressor to fuel a stereotype and make me look bad. Also, my joke was still based on an element of realism, if u think it’s ’racist’ then that’s cute. I would think your ancestors were slave traders if you found black men being murdered by an institution created by slavery offensive, no? Or are you offended that the institution created originally to catch slaves (the American Police) aren’t killing enough black ppl? See how ur comparison makes no sense when contextualised? Wouldn’t you find it weird if a German person got offended by another German killing a Jew but instead of taking offence at the German they were offended at the Jews?????

I’m pretty certain that hermit person is white. Assuming someone’s race isn’t racist depending on the reason, if I assume you’re white because you go around saying that BLM groups are Marxist zionists or whatever that ain’t really a me problem.

I’m talking about a number of killings. All lives matter is definitely fragility because you somehow feel that you matter less because people are fighting for equality, pretty fragile if u ask me

I didn’t say they can’t be targeted in racial attacks i said they aren’t the ‘targeted demographic’ i.e. they are not the most likely to be on receiving end, read my messages properly. The 2 are incomparable.
Reply 33
Original post by DiddyDec
Evidently not. Not unsurprising, it is a mind numbingly boring, sanitised metropolitan view of what the countryside is.

Well, the bucolic scent of jam and Jerusalem has its place. If you want the dogging and the rural ASBO cases, there's always a range of exciting documentaries on Channel 5.

I suppose something in the middle is what's called for.
Reply 34
Those 2 are not the same as you purposely made Jews, the marginally oppressed group the aggressor to fuel a stereotype and make me look bad.

Entirely subjective. You'll find plenty of people who think they are the marginalised group there and the Jew would be the aggressor. Prejudice, by its very nature, is fairly random.
Reply 35
Lmaooo the white fragility here is so active!

White fragility is a term used to describe a strange subdivision of narcissism where white people take offence from black people expressing our problems or deflect.

I really do wish people would stop trying to use this hoary old trope, keeping a straight face no less. The irony is off the scale.

Original post by L i b
Entirely subjective. You'll find plenty of people who think they are the marginalised group there and the Jew would be the aggressor. Prejudice, by its very nature, is fairly random.

True but i was going based off historical context

Educate yourself.

This seems somewhat hard to believe given that he’s probably one of the top three F1 drivers ever. That level of skill can’t simply be explained away by opportunity.

A term used to shut down white people when they complain about being called/having it implied that they’re racist.
Reply 39

A myth perpetrated by pseudo academic quacks and racists (irony abounds).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending