The Student Room Group

Veterinary

I am currently doing Chemistry, Biology and Geography for my A levels but I was wondering if I need four in order to do Veterinary Medicine ?
No you only need those 3 as you have to have biology and chemistry and one other (certain requirements for the 3rd). No point having extra stress for a 4th if they don’t require it.
Original post by Choppygirl11
No you only need those 3 as you have to have biology and chemistry and one other (certain requirements for the 3rd). No point having extra stress for a 4th if they don’t require it.

Okay I was just worried ab how competitive it is to get into veterinary medicine courses and if 4 subjects would be required for points
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by User_18262818
Okay I was just worried ab how competitive it is to get into veterinary medicine courses and if 4 subjects would be required for points

They don’t use points but each vet school has strict criteria. Have a look at the entry requirements as they do differ.
Reply 4
I did that exact combination and got into three vet schools, once you have those three As their more worried about other requirements like work experience or GCSEs etc
Original post by ASHWHS
I did that exact combination and got into three vet schools, once you have those three As their more worried about other requirements like work experience or GCSEs etc

hi. I'm thinking of changing from doing a Maths A-Level to Geography A Level cos maths is wayyyy too hard for me, and I was just worried that they won't take me without maths? which vet schools did you get an offer from if you don't mind me asking?

The only vet school that uses points is Dublin - and you would need to do 4 a levels to get their required points. For all UK courses 3 is enough and 4 won't improve your chances.
Reply 7
Original post by not.a.tree
hi. I'm thinking of changing from doing a Maths A-Level to Geography A Level cos maths is wayyyy too hard for me, and I was just worried that they won't take me without maths? which vet schools did you get an offer from if you don't mind me asking?

I got offers from Liverpool, Glasgow and Nottingham- definitely not worth the hassle if ur not going to get an A in it
Original post by ASHWHS
I got offers from Liverpool, Glasgow and Nottingham- definitely not worth the hassle

Original post by ASHWHS

If you don’t mind me asking what work experience did u take part in ?
Reply 9
If you don’t mind me asking what work experience did u take part in ?

I had three years at a mixed animal sanctuary
Two months at kennels
One week dairy
One week lambing
One week equine vets
Three weeks (two diff) small animal practices

My work experience was pretty standard tbh I haven’t worked on a farm all my life or anything 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending