The Student Room Group

Thanks for the help guys

:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Golderz Is Great
ask @Chopinnocturne31 she might help

Goldie if i knew how to solve procrastination problems, I would not currently be on TSR :lol:

ANYWAY, OP, have you tried making a revision timetable?
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Goldie if i knew how to solve procrastination problems, I would not currently be on TSR :lol:

im turning you into a teacher i have harry potter magic now:rofl:

so help this user you know you can lol
Original post by FoodAndSpooks
So I have expectations to live up to, and now I'm procrastinating for tests and stuff :/ And obviously that's not good, so any tips?
Thanks

Meditation

Pomodoro method of studying/revising
Try breaking each larger project/assignment down into bullet points, small tasks. Makes it less daunting to start and more satisfying to tick off a list as you go through it, that's what I do at uni anyway
Also if you do make a schedule, schedule breaks too so you can push yourself but know they'll be a break before too long. Also keeps your mind fresh and ensure you don't overwork yourself

Why haven't you tickled me to the ground then? :u:
Why haven't you tickled me to the ground then? :u:

saved for later lol:u:
saved for later lol:u:

Oh nooo :ninja:
Oh nooo :ninja:

only joking or am i:u:

maybe @LovingLucy could help what spell on HP could be used on @Chopinnocturne31 that is a good one to use if she gets nasty with me lol:smile:
only joking or am i:u:

maybe @LovingLucy could help what spell on HP could be used on @Chopinnocturne31 that is a good one to use if she gets nasty with me lol:smile:

Can’t say what Harry Potter would use as he never liked studying hermionie would read lots of books

But what Lucy would say? She would say I normally procrastinate when I am full of energy or am really tired or when my head is full. If your full of energy I would move a bit and let some of it out so you can settle. I would also advise if there’s anywhere else to revise that’s not in your bedroom try there as sometimes being there correlates in My brain with relaxing which when your revsiing probably isn’t The best. If your tired I may sound like an annoying mum but seriously try and sleep earlier if you struggle with that try breathing exercises and fall sleep listening to you breathing. Finally if my head is full firstly write down all the reasons why your doing this and what your aiming towards and also have a diary so if your studying and a thought pops in your head write it down and you can come back to it later. If you have an issue with outside noise out some music on not always ones with lyrics however saying that this one helps me the most. Finally if you wake up in the morning and your still feeling tired I find doing some stretches/yoga or even dance cardio bits helps me really wake up.
Hope this helps

So I have expectations to live up to, and now I'm procrastinating for tests and stuff :/ And obviously that's not good, so any tips?
Thanks
Original post by LovingLucy
Can’t say what Harry Potter would use as he never liked studying hermionie would read lots of books

But what Lucy would say? She would say I normally procrastinate when I am full of energy or am really tired or when my head is full. If your full of energy I would move a bit and let some of it out so you can settle. I would also advise if there’s anywhere else to revise that’s not in your bedroom try there as sometimes being there correlates in My brain with relaxing which when your revsiing probably isn’t The best. If your tired I may sound like an annoying mum but seriously try and sleep earlier if you struggle with that try breathing exercises and fall sleep listening to you breathing. Finally if my head is full firstly write down all the reasons why your doing this and what your aiming towards and also have a diary so if your studying and a thought pops in your head write it down and you can come back to it later. If you have an issue with outside noise out some music on not always ones with lyrics however saying that this one helps me the most. Finally if you wake up in the morning and your still feeling tired I find doing some stretches/yoga or even dance cardio bits helps me really wake up.
Hope this helps

thanks lucy but i was talking about @Chopinnocturne31 bullying me if she gets too smart what spell should i use to make her think again but not the death one cos shes not that bad:biggrin:

I know you know the spells lucy so i asked....maybe something funny but horrible
thanks lucy but i was talking about @Chopinnocturne31 bullying me if she gets too smart what spell should i use to make her think again but not the death one cos shes not that bad:biggrin:

I know you know the spells lucy so i asked....maybe something funny but horrible

Ridikilous
Ridikilous

what will that do to her then?:smile:
Reply 14
It takes motivation more than anything. You need to really push yourself to do things on time.
Starting a schedule or routine might help.
what will that do to her then?:smile:

Never mind that’s for boggarts
You want Anteoculatia it’ll make her grow antlers
Never mind that’s for boggarts
You want Anteoculatia it’ll make her grow antlers

yes i saw that when i was looking at them earlier and i think that is enough i mean i dont think chop want antlers on her head does she lol
Commenting because I am procrastinating atm & need desperate help.
Original post by deadroseex
Commenting because I am procrastinating atm & need desperate help.

Thanks

I typed this once but it was buried in another message

So I would say I normally procrastinate when I am full of energy or am really tired or when my head is full. If your full of energy I would move a bit and let some of it out so you can settle. I would also advise if there’s anywhere else to revise that’s not in your bedroom try there as sometimes being there correlates in My brain with relaxing which when your revsiing probably isn’t The best. If your tired I may sound like an annoying mum but seriously try and sleep earlier if you struggle with that try breathing exercises and fall sleep listening to you breathing. Finally if my head is full firstly write down all the reasons why your doing this and what your aiming towards and also have a diary so if your studying and a thought pops in your head write it down and you can come back to it later. If you have an issue with outside noise out some music on not always ones with lyrics however saying that this one helps me the most. Finally if you wake up in the morning and your still feeling tired I find doing some stretches/yoga or even dance cardio bits helps me really wake up.

Hope this helps
I typed this once but it was buried in another message

So I would say I normally procrastinate when I am full of energy or am really tired or when my head is full. If your full of energy I would move a bit and let some of it out so you can settle. I would also advise if there’s anywhere else to revise that’s not in your bedroom try there as sometimes being there correlates in My brain with relaxing which when your revsiing probably isn’t The best. If your tired I may sound like an annoying mum but seriously try and sleep earlier if you struggle with that try breathing exercises and fall sleep listening to you breathing. Finally if my head is full firstly write down all the reasons why your doing this and what your aiming towards and also have a diary so if your studying and a thought pops in your head write it down and you can come back to it later. If you have an issue with outside noise out some music on not always ones with lyrics however saying that this one helps me the most. Finally if you wake up in the morning and your still feeling tired I find doing some stretches/yoga or even dance cardio bits helps me really wake up.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much! I am going to analyze myself for 3 days at least and see what happens. This is really lovely advice and thank your spending time writing this out. 💙💙

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending