The Student Room Group

A level

Hi guys
So, now i am working at grade D for english lit. Basically, i am a foreign student and just started A level. I do ask you to share some tips for revision if you can because I really want to get an A, and I would like maybe to talk to someone who already do english lit for A and can help me to sort it out. I will be very grateful for that.

Thank you guys <3
Do you study at a college/sixth form? If so, why not talk to the people on your course and see if you can do study sessions together, as by studying with peers you can bounce ideas off each other, and fill in each other’s gaps. If you’re at a college/sixth form, have you spoken to your tutor or teacher about what support they may be able to provide you?
Try reading academic articles about the books you’re studying. It will show you what language to use, how to describe ideas and also give you ideas. It really helped me when I was doing it!
Original post by tiredgiraff
Try reading academic articles about the books you’re studying. It will show you what language to use, how to describe ideas and also give you ideas. It really helped me when I was doing it!

ohh, that's sounds really interesting and useful, thank you.
Original post by Squiggles1238
Do you study at a college/sixth form? If so, why not talk to the people on your course and see if you can do study sessions together, as by studying with peers you can bounce ideas off each other, and fill in each other’s gaps. If you’re at a college/sixth form, have you spoken to your tutor or teacher about what support they may be able to provide you?

i am at the six form. Yeah, i just ask my classmate if she can help me, thank you for the advice.
Honestly, i asked my teachers to help me but they were not really enthusiastic haha
Hi there! To improve your grade in English literature, it's important to read widely and critically analyze the texts. Make sure you understand key themes, character developments, and historical contexts. Practice writing essays and get feedback on them, focusing on how to construct a coherent argument and use evidence effectively. Also, joining study groups or finding a tutor who has excelled in English literature at the A level can provide personalized guidance and support. Keep persevering, and best of luck with your studies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending