The Student Room Group

How do you trick yourself to stop having feelings for someone?

I have to get over the feelings to be able to function properly in my studies.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have to get over the feelings to be able to function properly in my studies.

a temporary solution would be nitpicking their faults. trying to find things that ick you out, or small things they do that absolutely make you gag (ask a friend about their opinion of them kind of thing)
Reply 2
Distract yourself with other things, establish some positive routines. In reality it takes time, and new love helps too
Original post by Zarek
Distract yourself with other things, establish some positive routines. In reality it takes time, and new love helps too

Thank u!
Original post by Anonymous #2

a temporary solution would be nitpicking their faults. trying to find things that ick you out, or small things they do that absolutely make you gag (ask a friend about their opinion of them kind of thing)

Thanks!
Reply 5
Distractions, going out with friends, watching movies/ playing music. Taking time out away from that person as well.
Reply 6
Original post by Ghostlady
Distractions, going out with friends, watching movies/ playing music. Taking time out away from that person as well.

Thanks! :smile:
idk is this helps
but when you look at him think if he was my son and im looking at him now would i e proud of him or not
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #3
idk is this helps
but when you look at him think if he was my son and im looking at him now would i e proud of him or not

This will help a lot, thanks!! Lol, where did u get the idea from, just curious, it's alright if you don't tell me :smile:
This will help a lot, thanks!! Lol, where did u get the idea from, just curious, it's alright if you don't tell me :smile:

glad it helped
i kinda got the idea from my friend liking one of the bad guys in my skl and he kinda bullied this gurl and
i felt like a pang that would she want that in a guy and i explained it too her like that
if you want to shre what did you think of him
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #3
glad it helped
i kinda got the idea from my friend liking one of the bad guys in my skl and he kinda bullied this gurl and
i felt like a pang that would she want that in a guy and i explained it too her like that
if you want to shre what did you think of him

He's smart, funny and gets along with his friends well
He's smart, funny and gets along with his friends well

so hes a good guy
then if u look at him as your son dont u feel god then?
Reply 12
I suppose you could say that.
Reply 13
:smile:
:smile:

i meant good
blud really said"happy emoji" and dipped
Original post by Cyberwastaken
blud really said"happy emoji" and dipped

lol
Reply 17