The Student Room Group

A-Level OCR MEI Maths B H640 Autumn Exams 07/14/19 1/2/3

Is anyone else doing this? Can't see a thread anywhere.

What do you guys think will come up?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have no f*cking idea I’m praying the dudes in Singapore who sit the exam ahead of us will post something
Reply 2
im bricking it mate
Original post by Failure2807
I have no f*cking idea I’m praying the dudes in Singapore who sit the exam ahead of us will post something

I swear they do the exams at the same time as us? It's just that we'll do it at 1:45 and they'll do it at 8:45 coz of the time difference? Plus isn't it unlikely they'll do it in the first place as this is the UK A-Level and they'd be doing the International A-Level?
Original post by rd77
im bricking it mate

Same tbh I've hardly done anything over the last few days and I'm worried I haven't covered everything on the spec. Plus some of their questions where you have to apply knowledge onto the question is BS.
That was so hard I'm genuinely so depressed now 😭. I ran out of time and botched the projectiles q as well as the last q. Hopefully grade boundaries will be quite low coz that's all I can hope for
did anyone get the particle never being stationary?
Reply 6
Oh my exact same with me. It was nothing like the 2018/2019 exam!!
Original post by eibmathsresit

yeah I got that

yh discriminant was less than 0. The exam was just ridiculous. It was nothing like any exam they've given in the past. Pure and stats better be the easy one this year
how do people feel about the projectile question in the last seconds i remembered that you might have to use pythagorus to find the angle and got like 77 i think
my impression with this exam was it was very wordy for a mechanics exam and i don’t even know what they wanted with the rectangle rule thing the tide question i got the first two but had no idea how to show a
Reply 11
same here
how do people feel about the projectile question in the last seconds i remembered that you might have to use pythagorus to find the angle and got like 77 i think

Couldn't do it at all Ffs. Definitely lost all of the projectile marks which is like 12+ 😭😭

I got that. Did you say because acceleration was not less than 0? Or something like that. Or there wasn’t a minimum or minimum
Original post by anonymous647474
I got that. Did you say because acceleration was not less than 0? Or something like that. Or there wasn’t a minimum or minimum

ngl i didn’t do it like how others have with the discriminant what i did was differentiate the velocity make acceleration equal 0 and sub the value of t into both acceleration and velocity and got a value and i said those values indicate it can never be stationary something like that
Original post by nkazl
oh ffs I integrated it by accident

do you remember what the pulley system questions was
did people get acceleration 0.35 on the box pulley question for some reason i think i’ve done it wrong
ngl i didn’t do it like how others have with the discriminant what i did was differentiate the velocity make acceleration equal 0 and sub the value of t into both acceleration and velocity and got a value and i said those values indicate it can never be stationary something like that

Didn't you already have the Acceleration in the question? Why would you differentiate velocity then?
Original post by infosectings
Didn't you already have the Acceleration in the question? Why would you differentiate velocity then?

oh yeah my bad haha i integrated i just remembered got mixed up
oh yeah my bad haha i integrated i just remembered got mixed up

Still a bit confused. Integrating would give you the displacement, so why would you make the displacement 0?genuinely curious as it's a method I've never seen before and it might come in handy later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending