The Student Room Group

Haircut

I am a guy aged 21 with medium length hair but want to cut it and get a short masculine hairstyle. Any suggestions?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Skin fade with about 2 inches on top, maybe ask for a low skin fade if you havent had one before. Make sure its a decent barbers as well
Original post by KNW
Skin fade with about 2 inches on top, maybe ask for a low skin fade if you havent had one before. Make sure its a decent barbers as well

Ok any suggestions of what I should do with the top of my hair?
Original post by ben_jamin
Ok any suggestions of what I should do with the top of my hair?

You could perm it? Idk but I like how that looks on guys so check it out xx
I am a guy aged 21 with medium length hair but want to cut it and get a short masculine hairstyle. Any suggestions?

BUZZCUT all the way bro - i get a 6 on top 3 on sides
Original post by awsomekiddo
BUZZCUT all the way bro - i get a 6 on top 3 on sides

I think a buzzcut would be a bit too short for me but thanks for the suggestion.
I think a buzzcut would be a bit too short for me but thanks for the suggestion.

np bro - i get a buzzcut as i feel like a man - my testosterone peaks and it makes you say what you feel
np bro - i get a buzzcut as i feel like a man - my testosterone peaks and it makes you say what you feel

I like high skin fade though. Not sure what to do about the top of my hair though.
I like high skin fade though. Not sure what to do about the top of my hair though.

WAHL do a number 10 or 12 clipper lenghs on amazon - that would leave you with a little longer on the top
if that is still too short I have seen 16 clippers on amazon
Original post by MaryamKH
You could perm it? Idk but I like how that looks on guys so check it out xx

My suggestion got completely ignored ouchhhh
Original post by MaryamKH
My suggestion got completely ignored ouchhhh

No not ignored. I am considering it as well thanks.
Reply 11
Its pretty much up to you whether you want it to just come down over your forehead or add some product to make a quiff or just have it how it naturally falls. If you want it quiffed though just add a little product (what kind of product you want will depend on the sort of hold/texture you want but thats easily googled) whilst its still damp - but not wet - from the shower. Just run your fingers through your hair with it on them, and then shape it how you want with your hands/hairbrush. Basically just copy whatever the barber does at the end of your cut.

Thinking about it though if youve never really had short hair, it might be a good idea to get a short back and sides first, rather than a fade, to see if you like the shorter hair. Then based on that, either keep the same or try a fade next time you get a trim.

Have a look here and see what suits your style/how much you want chopped off. Like it says on there though try to bring a photo if possible because it's a lot clearer for the barber that way and you have a better idea what youll get.

https://www.ties.com/blog/hair-terminology-tell-barber-exactly-want
Original post by BomBamBingAling
Cause it's ew!

Like you boo lolll we getting offended by ppls preferences now?? Niceeee
WAHL do a number 10 or 12 clipper lenghs on amazon - that would leave you with a little longer on the top
if that is still too short I have seen 16 clippers on amazon

I think I will go to a barber rather than trying to do it myself.
I think I will go to a barber rather than trying to do it myself.

yes, you can give the clipper to the barber and he can cut your preferred length - its all personal preference
just a question who do you want to look good for? -yourself/wife/girlfriend/kids/parents/work mates?
Thanks for your advice. I am thinking of getting a skin fade short pompadour with a line shaved in like this. Is that a good style?

maxresdefault.jpg

go 4 it bro
yes, you can give the clipper to the barber and he can cut your preferred length - its all personal preference
just a question who do you want to look good for? -yourself/wife/girlfriend/kids/parents/work mates?

For myself really but If girls find me more attractive because of it then that's a good thing.
For myself really but If girls find me more attractive because of it then that's a good thing.

yep - i hear you loud and clear - let your hairstyle represent you and not what society has labelled for you
Reply 18
Thanks for your advice. I am thinking of getting a skin fade short pompadour with a line shaved in like this. Is that a good style?

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah that looks good. Ultimately, you'll look best and be most attractive when you're confident in what you've got and if this gives you the confidence in yourself then you'll be more attractive immediately, but yeah it'll look good

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a cool haircut man. When are you getting it cut.

Quick Reply

Latest