The Student Room Group

What's the longest amount of time you've studied with no break?

???

Scroll to see replies

A friend of mine who is a med student has studied 12h in a row. He said it went on fast actually
10am until 7pm
Oops, I didn’t read it properly, no break?
Probably, 2hrs?
Original post by Eccentric Goatie
A friend of mine who is a med student has studied 12h in a row. He said it went on fast actually

Yeah I find it's easy to study for long periods of time when you know what you actually have to do instead of looking for things to work on
Original post by Tracheostenosis
10am until 7pm

What were you studying?
Original post by 3pointonefour
What were you studying?

I had breaks in between, I didn’t read the title properly, my bad :P
Reply 7
24hrs+ on the run up to my MSc dissertation deadline. I was living in the library and fuelled on caffeine and junk food.
Original post by Bexjw
24hrs+ on the run up to my MSc dissertation deadline. I was living in the library and fuelled on caffeine and junk food.

Did you crash after you where finished?
3 1/2 hrs, 2 hr break, another 3 hrs
Probably no more than a couple of hours, as I'd want a cup of tea or perhaps the toilet.
About 90 minutes of solidly concentrating on nothing but my work. After that time, I end up having a short break or getting distracted by something as I lose concentration.
like 7hrs doing a massive essay project last min but when i finished printing it all i just fell to the floor n cried lol
never done that long since then aha x
of nothing but work? 7 hours
like an hour :frown:
10 minutes.
2 hours probably
Original post by M_Zara
like 7hrs doing a massive essay project last min but when i finished printing it all i just fell to the floor n cried lol
never done that long since then aha x

omg that sounds v stressful!
I guuess the longest I've studied with literally no breaks is also 7 hours, the night before my GCSE chem exam. I just went though the entire CGP revision guide page by page (like 130 pages) doing read, cover, test on each page
Original post by Fionaanddonkey
omg that sounds v stressful!
I guuess the longest I've studied with literally no breaks is also 7 hours, the night before my GCSE chem exam. I just went though the entire CGP revision guide page by page (like 130 pages) doing read, cover, test on each page

aha yhh gcses were a nightmare lol but mine got cancelled in the end cuz of covid aha 😂😂
it was stressful but alevels are worse loooool
Original post by M_Zara
aha yhh gcses were a nightmare lol but mine got cancelled in the end cuz of covid aha 😂😂
it was stressful but alevels are worse loooool

oh damn - were u happy with the grades u got in the end? It was based on like predictions + teachers' thoughts wasn't it?
Yeah I have to keep reminding myself that cramming is deinitely not gonna work for A-levels even though it kinda does for GCSEs...

Quick Reply

Latest