The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Foundation in Clinical Sciences/Medicine at Bradford 2021/22 official thread

Entry onto the Foundation in Clinical Sciences/Medicine course provides students a unique and exciting opportunity to study science and health in preparation for future applications to Medical School.

Zulaikha shares her experience of the course with us here.

Zulaikha-Yasir-1-720x479.jpg

"I’ve always kept an open mind about my future career and I think the breadth of career opportunities for a Clinical Sciences graduate is one of the strengths of the course."

"... the University gave me lots of opportunities which helped me grow in confidence."

"My course had around 200 students and there was a great mix of people all with a real passion for the subject. There were mature students looking to make a career change alongside people who just missed the grades to go straight into medical school."

"I’m excited to be continuing my studies but I’m already thinking about returning to Bradford. After three years I can study for my Master's and building on my summer internship experience in Dementia research, I’d love to come back home and study back at the University of Bradford."

Find out what else Zulaikha says about her experience at Bradford here :smile:

Becky

Scroll to see replies

Hey, guys just received an email to join the clinical sciences selection day on zoom has anyone else got one too?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
girls from Leeds town boys from Bradford, part time nut-case full time *******

4G shots an a ten pound snooter
Hi,
Does anyone know after how long once ive applied ill get told a decision?
Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, guys just received an email to join the clinical sciences selection day on zoom has anyone else got one too?

Nope, not me. Im worriedddd.
Original post by anoynmous1
Hi,
Does anyone know after how long once ive applied ill get told a decision?
Thanks

Hi there,
Just confirm if you are talking about the foundation in clinical sciences or the medicine program in terms of a decision?

Thanks.
Hi there,
Just confirm if you are talking about the foundation in clinical sciences or the medicine program in terms of a decision?

Thanks.

Hi
I mean th Foundation in clinical sciencs.
Thanks
Hi
I mean th Foundation in clinical sciencs.
Thanks

Hi there,
They are normally pretty quick. Depends when you apply really. Have you submitted a UCAS application, if so Have you applied to start in 2020 or 2021?
Thanks
Hi there,
They are normally pretty quick. Depends when you apply really. Have you submitted a UCAS application, if so Have you applied to start in 2020 or 2021?
Thanks

Hi,
I applied on the 13th October for 2021 entry.
Im just really worried.
Hi,
I applied on the 13th October for 2021 entry.
Im just really worried.

Hi there,
In that case, just hold on for the time being and dont worry about it at all. Its normal for them to start looking at applications around end of Nov beginning of Dec. Interviews will take in the January period. As for covid, its been a bit of a challenge for the uni and this year the method of interviews are being prepared. I believe the uni are still not certain if the interviews are via zoom or on campus.
Good luck with it all.

Thanks.
Hi there,
In that case, just hold on for the time being and dont worry about it at all. Its normal for them to start looking at applications around end of Nov beginning of Dec. Interviews will take in the January period. As for covid, its been a bit of a challenge for the uni and this year the method of interviews are being prepared. I believe the uni are still not certain if the interviews are via zoom or on campus.
Good luck with it all.

Thanks.

Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it.
Hi there,
Good luck with it all.

Thanks.

So I just got an email from Bradford asking me to submit scans of qualifications. Is this normal ?
Does it mean I am getting an interview ?
Hey, I was just wondering if anybody has applied for the Clinical Science/Medicine foundation year at Bradford ? If so, what are your predicted grades and has anybody heard anything back from them yet?
Original post by DogeTheDoggo
So I just got an email from Bradford asking me to submit scans of qualifications. Is this normal ?
Does it mean I am getting an interview ?

Hi there,

It's pretty normal for Bradford to ask for a copy of your qualifications via email. This allows the Clinical sciences team to make a better decision on application. It doesn't mean you have an interview and it doesn't mean you don't, it just means your application is being processed and you should hear back shortly after they have looked though your qualifications.
Hope that helps.

Kind Regards
Nope, not me. Im worriedddd.

Me neither !!
Hi there,

It's pretty normal for Bradford to ask for a copy of your qualifications via email. This allows the Clinical sciences team to make a better decision on application. It doesn't mean you have an interview and it doesn't mean you don't, it just means your application is being processed and you should hear back shortly after they have looked though your qualifications.
Hope that helps.

Kind Regards

Thats great help
Thanks a lot.
Hi there,

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards

I actually provided all the relevant qualifications in my UCAS application. Is it still normal ?
Original post by DogeTheDoggo
I actually provided all the relevant qualifications in my UCAS application. Is it still normal ?

Hi there,

Yeh totally normal, even though all grades were provided on the UCAS application, they normally will request certificates/grades and even further clarification of qualification. This just assist with the admissions team to make a decision.

Kind regards,
Zain
Just received an invitation to a selection day on the 20th Jan :smile: anybody else ??
Just received an invitation to a selection day on the 20th Jan :smile: anybody else ??

Heyy,
Can I ask what day you submitted your application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending