The Student Room Group

Missed 2-3 weeks of Y13

I'm currently off school and have been probably for about 2-3 weeks, my attendance is down to 74%, because I am sufferign right now with depression and I'm on medication which is making me very tired and prone to outbursts. I'm really worried about missing so much time from school. I've tried my best to do some work from home, but my mind cannot concentrate, i cannot focus or remember or take anything in. I'm generally quite a fast learner and am good in some things (i do english language, sociology and history), but was already struggling with english language (Child language aquisition) prior to this break. Is it possible to catch up after missing so much time, potentiaally even more as even when I return I don't think I'll be back on a full schedule, and if not what are my options? I really don't want to have to resit this year, I think I'd probably rather just go to a new sixth form or college and start again rather thanj ust having to resit this year.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently off school and have been probably for about 2-3 weeks, my attendance is down to 74%, because I am sufferign right now with depression and I'm on medication which is making me very tired and prone to outbursts. I'm really worried about missing so much time from school. I've tried my best to do some work from home, but my mind cannot concentrate, i cannot focus or remember or take anything in. I'm generally quite a fast learner and am good in some things (i do english language, sociology and history), but was already struggling with english language (Child language aquisition) prior to this break. Is it possible to catch up after missing so much time, potentiaally even more as even when I return I don't think I'll be back on a full schedule, and if not what are my options? I really don't want to have to resit this year, I think I'd probably rather just go to a new sixth form or college and start again rather thanj ust having to resit this year.

I missed nearly a month off school due to having corona and then self isolating aswell. I didn't get any work done in that time and now I'm back at school I'm up til late catching up and wake up at 4 5 in the morning to be prepared for my lessons in school so that i know whats going on. ik its very hard but if u don't do any work now you'll have a lot to catch up on i suggest even doing half an hour of some form of work whether that's just reading a textbook and trying to understand it do it because ull just be making it veryyyy difficult for when u get back to school. if u cant concentrate maybe have someone help u, by sitting with u and maybe read the textbook pages for u and u can try to explain to them what it all means. hope u recover quickly and best of luck with a levels ik how stressful they can be I'm doing maths, bio and chem and just had my mocks, good luck hope this helps :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by noory27
I missed nearly a month off school due to having corona and then self isolating aswell. I didn't get any work done in that time and now I'm back at school I'm up til late catching up and wake up at 4 5 in the morning to be prepared for my lessons in school so that i know whats going on. ik its very hard but if u don't do any work now you'll have a lot to catch up on i suggest even doing half an hour of some form of work whether that's just reading a textbook and trying to understand it do it because ull just be making it veryyyy difficult for when u get back to school. if u cant concentrate maybe have someone help u, by sitting with u and maybe read the textbook pages for u and u can try to explain to them what it all means. hope u recover quickly and best of luck with a levels ik how stressful they can be I'm doing maths, bio and chem and just had my mocks, good luck hope this helps :biggrin:

I've gone over some lessons at home, but have struggled to do much beyond that in recent days

Quick Reply

Latest