The Student Room Group

Advice Needed

OK so this will be a long post.
Background information:
- Due to autism and anxiety I missed the vast majority of secondary school.
- Currently going into y13 in September, with the prospect of spending a further 2 years at school after that, depending on what happens.

Managed to obtain the following GCSEs:
- Maths(5)
- Chemistry(5)
- History(4)
- Combined Science(6/5)
- English Language(3)

Qualifications I am currently studying for:
GCSE English Literature (confident of a pass)
GCSE Computer Science (not too worried, easy)
A-level Chemistry (terrified of failing, career prospects down the drain)
A-level History (shall be a miracle if I pass)

Problems:
I am finding A-level incredibly difficult, both subjects. Severe lack of motivation and at this point it feels as though my brain has turned to mush. Am I genuinely thick or? Not sure what I'm going to do about this. In September I am going to have a new teacher for both A level subjects. Unfortunately my school goes through staff like water. Asking for advice with what to do with my life really. Feeling increasingly hopeless about my future etc. The real problem at hand is how I'm going to pass my A-levels, or even gain any motivation to study.

Current Plan
-Get some Chemistry tutoring on the (reasonably) cheap, from a friend of a friend who has just done their exams.
-Quit history or just do AS, continue as hobby.
Could you maybe find a study buddy? I'm going into Yr 12 in September, and I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, and a Level 3 Diploma in Criminology. Maybe there are people in your classes that would be willing to study with you. I understand that your Autism may be a barrier to this, but that depends on your traits. Also, maybe google different paths into the career you want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest