The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Will Imperial consider me if I apply in January?? send help plez

Hello hi so I want to apply to Imperial College for computer Science but at the moment my Maths grade is a 6 and I need a 7... I believe that if I apply pressure I can get a 7 in Maths but my teachers don't think I can lol.

I plan to show them some of the extra work I'm doing so they'll predict me a 7 but I don't know when that will be or whether it's worth applying in January for such a competitive course. If I have all the entry requirements will they straight up reject me or do I still have a chance?

Also bonus question, if I live in an economically deprived area (quintile 2) but don't meet any other contextual criteria, would I still be given the contextual interview?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello hi so I want to apply to Imperial College for computer Science but at the moment my Maths grade is a 6 and I need a 7... I believe that if I apply pressure I can get a 7 in Maths but my teachers don't think I can lol.

I plan to show them some of the extra work I'm doing so they'll predict me a 7 but I don't know when that will be or whether it's worth applying in January for such a competitive course. If I have all the entry requirements will they straight up reject me or do I still have a chance?

Also bonus question, if I live in an economically deprived area (quintile 2) but don't meet any other contextual criteria, would I still be given the contextual interview?

It's definitely worth giving it a go! Also hopefully exams will go ahead next year and you can get that 7 for yourself rather than relying on the predicted grades from your teachers. Are you in year 11 at the minute? Just asking because if you are, you won't need to apply until October 2022. I'd message imperial to ask them about the interview question
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by help.me.revise
It's definitely worth giving it a go! Also hopefully exams will go ahead next year and you can get that 7 for yourself rather than relying on the predicted grades from your teachers. Are you in year 11 at the minute? Just asking because if you are, you won't need to apply until October 2022. I'd message imperial to ask them about the interview question

They’re doing IB. 7=A* and 6=A
Reply 3
Will you be applying before the 15th of January deadline?

If you are then they're required to consider it and can't treat it differently based on when it was sent.
(edited 3 years ago)

ahaha lol sorry I didn't realise
Reply 5

thank you for letting them know lol I should have made it clear sorryy
Reply 6
Original post by Sinnoh
Will you be applying before the 15th of January deadline?

If you are then they're required to consider it and can't treat it differently based on when it was sent.

i'll definitely have applied by 15/1...I'm just worried because the admissions ratio is 18:1 so they might already have all their applicants already. Also one of my friends who goes there said they do rolling entry so applying earlier is meant to be better. I don't know if that would apply to my other choices too :frown:
Reply 7
i'll definitely have applied by 15/1...I'm just worried because the admissions ratio is 18:1 so they might already have all their applicants already. Also one of my friends who goes there said they do rolling entry so applying earlier is meant to be better. I don't know if that would apply to my other choices too :frown:

They don't make all their offers by the 15th of January. Some early applicants might have their application be put on hold so that admissions can fairly assess all applications that arrive before the January deadline. Interviews for computing continue until the end of February. They really are required to not discriminate between September and January applications (or any months in between!). Same goes for other universities.
Reply 8
Original post by Sinnoh
They don't make all their offers by the 15th of January. Some early applicants might have their application be put on hold so that admissions can fairly assess all applications that arrive before the January deadline. Interviews for computing continue until the end of February. They really are required to not discriminate between September and January applications (or any months in between!). Same goes for other universities.

this is really encouraging thank you so much for your help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending