The Student Room Group

Gcse english

Hi everyone,

I really need help with this unseen poetry question. The question is:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by nicola_7_blue
I actually did this question as a test. In ‘I am offering this poem’, the refrain of ‘I love you’ shows he feels so in love he struggles to express how he feels. The warm coat can be a metaphor for how you can feel surrounded by love.
In ‘The sun has burst the sky’ there’s a lot of natural metaphors and also personnification (sea laps the great rocks). these natural references also show how they believe love is a natural part of life. If you’d like anymore help, let me know. btw this is my own views, we haven’t had feedback yet.

Thanks that’s brilliant! We got set it as practice by our teacher. Do you know what score you got? I would love to see your answer if you have it, so that I could use it as a model! Thanks for taking the time to help!
Reply 2
I actually did this question as a test. In ‘I am offering this poem’, the refrain of ‘I love you’ shows he feels so in love he struggles to express how he feels. The warm coat can be a metaphor for how you can feel surrounded by love.
In ‘The sun has burst the sky’ there’s a lot of natural metaphors and also personnification (sea laps the great rocks). these natural references also show how they believe love is a natural part of life. If you’d like anymore help, let me know. btw this is my own views, we haven’t had feedback yet.

Ah okay, I just read that you haven’t got feedback. How many additional points do you think I need to add? I’m really struggling to find more points. Do you have any more ideas or suggestions? Thanks a million!
Reply 3
so it’s only 8 marks. What I did was 3 points - 2 similarities and 1 difference and some brief analysis. This doesn’t need to be too detailed as the only thing assessed is AO2 (comparison of methods)

Thanks so much! I will definitely follow that. I have written this paragraph, could you please give me feedback?

I don’t know what else to talk about. Do you know any other differences or similarities? Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
That’s really excellent 😱😱 I’d say they both use refrains (I love you) and one uses natural imagery whilst the other uses heat imagery with the warmth and fire (talk about metaphors in this comparison)

Thanks so much! I don’t know how to write the difference as I can’t put it in words. How would you describe a difference?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
I know the last paragraph is a difference but don’t know how the different structure will change how they present feelings. I really need help for the last paragraph as I’ve said two differences in structure but not really explained it as I don’t know how to.
Reply 6
Hi, thanks so much for all your help! I don’t really know how to word or structure that point. Could you please give me an example of what you would right?
Reply 7
What was the question?
Reply 8
hey nicola, im doing the i am offering this poem exam next week and was wondering if you remembered the question for it :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by nicola_7x

is this your whole answer?
Hi could you send me the paragraph too I’m am doing that poem now and I am struggling for ideas what do you write? Thank you
Hi could you send me the paragraph too, I am doing that poem now and I am struggling on what to write can you help x
Is this aqa eng lit?
Original post by nicola_7x

is this aqa eng lit?
thanks
Original post by Happs_2705
Thanks so much! I will definitely follow that. I have written this paragraph, could you please give me feedback?

I don’t know what else to talk about. Do you know any other differences or similarities? Thanks

Original post by bucket10
is this aqa eng lit?
thanks

yh it aqa lit it is the 24 mark
What's the question?
Reply 16
Hi everyone,

I really need help with this unseen poetry question. The question is:

I have this test coming up too and I'm struggling, may I also read the paragraph or any inspo you have
Can someone do like two paragraphs for similarities and differences
Original post by Masumabv
Can someone do like two paragraphs for similarities and differences

For 2 similarities
1- both use repetition of "i love you" to emphasise that love is powerful. In i am offering this poem: I love you is repeated after harsh times (ie being lost in the wilderness) to show that love is more powerful then anything else that exist (you can mention other examples that are in the poem) In the sun has burst the sky: Love is presented as being powerful enough to create new opportunities (you can talk about how the writer keeps saying "beacuse i love you" to tell the reader that love is the foundation for everything)
2- Both use enjambment. ( haven't looked at this in detail but IAOTP= love is above all situations. Nothing can get in the way of it. TSHBTS= love is present in things like nature and is constantly surrounding us)

Hope this helps <3
Original post by georgiana_xox
For 2 similarities
1- both use repetition of "i love you" to emphasise that love is powerful. In i am offering this poem: I love you is repeated after harsh times (ie being lost in the wilderness) to show that love is more powerful then anything else that exist (you can mention other examples that are in the poem) In the sun has burst the sky: Love is presented as being powerful enough to create new opportunities (you can talk about how the writer keeps saying "beacuse i love you" to tell the reader that love is the foundation for everything)
2- Both use enjambment. ( haven't looked at this in detail but IAOTP= love is above all situations. Nothing can get in the way of it. TSHBTS= love is present in things like nature and is constantly surrounding us)

Hope this helps <3

How is love presented as being powerful enough to create new opportunites in the 2nd poem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending