The Student Room Group

Any advice for completing the SJT for the DWP work coach roles? NOV 2020

I didn't pass my SJT test for the last campaign I applied for. I have always done well in other civil service role judgement tests.

Are you meant to resolve these issues with colleagues or stay neutral?

Any help would be great!

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I do apologise for being vague! I meant to write a work coach for the DWP!!

I have previously passed all SJT's for different civil service roles.

for the work coach test. I didn't always pick answers that would resolve the problem if I felt that it should be resolved by the line manager. As a work coach, you are not managing a team so I chose to stay more neutral and give good advice. Have you completed the SJT for a DWP work coach? If not you might not understand what I mean. Are we not supposed to consider what grade/level we are applying for?

Thanks
Wow you are so rude! Why are you on here offering help? Do you enjoy being horrible to people?
You have just proved my point! People are on here asking for help and they don't need to be spoken to like that. (I've noticed you do it a lot on this site)

I guess you are having a bad day, so I wish you all the best!
Hello
I would say read the behaviours for the level and ( EO) and see what the kind of responsibilities the job has.
It’s about making appropriate decisions for the level . Try to understand what a work coach does , there will be a lot of independent work where a manager won’t be available etc you will need to make a lot of your own decisions .

As has previously been said , keep in mind equality and diversity treating colleagues and customers with respect etc.
(edited 3 years ago)
I passed my SJT and I found that I put answers in according to what would be most appropriate in a workplace and would show good initiative and teamwork.
So for example, in difficult situations you definitely don't want to be choosing 'extremely desirable' on options which seem to lead to conflicts (e.g. being rude to a claimant or colleague). Rather look to options which de-escalate and resolve conflicts. However, you also don't want to be so easy-going that you might overlook guidelines, so if a colleague is definitely crossing boundaries then maybe an option is to speak to someone senior.
Most questions are quite common sense and require you to be empathetic (e.g. if someone isn't pulling their weight, you wouldn't go and tell everyone in your team, rather maybe see how you can help the situation)

Hope this helps
Reply 6
Anyone here applied to or successful at getting a post in the West Midlands particularly Birmingham & Solihull?
Hey

Thank you for the help! I passed the test and the Interview but I've been offered a much better role in the NCA so will be taking that :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by 198419841984
Hey

Thank you for the help! I passed the test and the Interview but I've been offered a much better role in the NCA so will be taking that :smile:

Did you take Vexper's advice when you did the test again?
Reply 9
Hi all,
Is anyone applying for the current intake of
DWP work coaches?
Original post by chyjoh1
Hi all,
DWP work coaches?

I completed the situational judgement test Wednesday . Any ideas when we should hear back ?
Reply 11
Original post by Amylou998
I completed the situational judgement test Wednesday . Any ideas when we should hear back ?

I only just submitted my tests today. Hopefully it should be soon!
Original post by chyjoh1
Hi all,
DWP work coaches?

I applied to the Black Country on Wednesday and did the test . Got the notification to say I had passed however the application centre now says ‘your application is currently on hold’ have read a lot of threads that say the process is sooooo long.. I applied in the last campaign in September unfortunately I buggered up the interview 😔 so hoping to be abit more prepared this time. I’m already in DWP as a case manager so hoping it he process is abit faster but can’t guarantee anything. Have you applied, if so what region?
Reply 13
I applied to the Black Country on Wednesday and did the test . Got the notification to say I had passed however the application centre now says ‘your application is currently on hold’ have read a lot of threads that say the process is sooooo long.. I applied in the last campaign in September unfortunately I buggered up the interview 😔 so hoping to be abit more prepared this time. I’m already in DWP as a case manager so hoping it he process is abit faster but can’t guarantee anything. Have you applied, if so what region?

Congrats on passing!! And I’ve applied for south London. I haven’t had any updates yet fingers crossed I pass the situational test found it to be quiet easier in comparison to other situational tests I’ve done in the past!
Reply 14
Original post by chyjoh1
Hi all,
DWP work coaches?

me!I passed my SJT FROM June 10th. I got an email saying that I will get a notification of confirmation of the next steps but I don't know if this means im guaranteed an interview. You?
Original post by chyjoh1
Congrats on passing!! And I’ve applied for south London. I haven’t had any updates yet fingers crossed I pass the situational test found it to be quiet easier in comparison to other situational tests I’ve done in the past!

Thank you!

I got my invite for interview today .. so nervous ! I am absolutely awful at interviews so this is where my anxiety kicks in lol!

Fingers crossed you hear soon x
Original post by 198419841984
Hey

Have you got any advice for the interview? I had my invite today so want to start preparing x
Reply 17
Thank you!

I got my invite for interview today .. so nervous ! I am absolutely awful at interviews so this is where my anxiety kicks in lol!

Fingers crossed you hear soon x

wishing you luck for the interview, tell us how it goes! X
Reply 18
Original post by nic1996
me!I passed my SJT FROM June 10th. I got an email saying that I will get a notification of confirmation of the next steps but I don't know if this means im guaranteed an interview. You?

Congrats on passing! and I submitted my test last week and still haven’t heard back yet.
Reply 19
Thank you. maybe loads of people have done it at the same time. i got my result the next day. but no news is good news.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending