The Student Room Group

EO DWP 7 week training ?

I'm due to start training this month . Does anyone now what the training will entail ?

What is the first day like ? Do they give you a tour of the building?

Is training a mixture or activities and fun stuff?

I heard it's online but in the office?

Is there any test or weekly exams ?

Thanks 👍🙏
Original post by Lucyxsa
I'm due to start training this month . Does anyone now what the training will entail ?

Thanks 👍🙏

Hi there,
do you know what workstream/department within DWP you are being deployed to? Depending on the area within DWP the training usually online with some completed online but in the office. If it’s a work coach role then it’s all in the office as a rule. You should get a tour of the building and I’m sure everyone will be helpful and friendly. Again the types of training will carry but usually a mix of delivered training - using PowerPoints/videos/resource links. Then you may get put into breakout rooms if on Teams to answer questions/role play. Often there are knowledge checkers to complete as you go. Don’t worry! Sometimes the training may be generic and you learn more about your role whilst in consolidation… where you learn on the job but with continued support through teams chats/buddy system. I assume you will be joining with other new EO’s - so you will have those colleagues as support too. Just remember to save any useful links to your favourites so you can go over again easily without having to search the vast DWP intranet! Also if you are unsure of anything ask! Best of luck x
Reply 2
Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I will be doing work coach training . I wonder why we need to go in the office for online training not at home ? Do you know what the dress code is during training?
Original post by Lucyxsa
Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I will be doing work coach training . I wonder why we need to go in the office for online training not at home ? Do you know what the dress code is during training?

Hi there,
I have a friend currently doing work coach training, they are completing all their training in the office/job centre. The dress code for DWP is business attire, but that doesn’t mean you have to wear a suit. Smart trousers/dress/skirt/with blouse/shirt/cardigan/smart jumper etc all should be fine. Good luck !
Reply 4
Original post by Lucyxsa

Thanks 👍🙏

How long is the training. I’m in another recruitment tranche for work coach and wondering how long from given provisional offer to start date? Hope training goes well. Any updates would be useful
Reply 5
Original post by Domty32
How long is the training. I’m in another recruitment tranche for work coach and wondering how long from given provisional offer to start date? Hope training goes well. Any updates would be useful

7 weeks. I think it depends on your location. many people in other areas are saying 4 Dec but they haven't got any confirmation yet. Mine was a week .
Reply 6
How you get started can vary - I didn't get my device (Surface Pro, you may get a laptop instead) until a few days in. Hopefully, they have been able to arrange your device being there right away.

There will be mandatory learning and onboarding stuff to do before you start your actual Work Coach training. If you aren't already a Civil Servant there will be additional onboarding for your Team Leader to do as part of your induction.

You will get a tour of the building, meet team members throughout your first few days and weeks, and get your building passes etc.

I was actually involved in development of this training for new Work Coaches. You will do 13 days facilitator led training, 5 days consolidation, another 7 days facilitator led and a final 5 days of consolidation. The training is mixed - there will be activities, group sessions, self-paced learning, training service practice etc.

Some of the online learning you do yourself will have questionnaires at the end with a minimum score to pass.

Training can be in-person or virtual, but virtual seems to be preferred at the moment due to struggle of getting space for multiple people to do training at the same time in the same place.
Reply 7
Thanks for information " will do 13 days facilitator led training, 5 days consolidation, another 7 days facilitator led and a final 5 days " but 7 weeks in Total right ? That's what the guy on the phone said. I think you was lucky as maybe it was COVID so you was given a surface pro at home and can learn at home . Unfortunately ours in in the building:frown:.
Reply 8
The Work Coach training is six weeks, but maybe you have been given a week for induction? You have to do some learning that is Civil Service or DWP wide rather than just for Work Coaches. Things like Fraud awareness, Health & Safety, Data Protection, Digital confidence, Equality etc.

I did my Work Coach training during COVID yes, so mine was at home. I did my first few days in the office looking at the above stuff, but then as soon as I got my device I was asked to do training from home.
Reply 9
Yes , I'm thinking training will be the most enjoyable part . The calm before the storm. Learning and getting paid is the best job..I'm sure once training finishes it's going to be stress haha 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending