The Student Room Group

DWP EO Work Coach

I've been offered 3 posts at EO level for the DWp and HO but I was long-term unemployed, 4 years, due to having to care for my parent who passed away recently. I did some voluntary work in this time but I'm worried that this time away from work will cause me to fail my pre-employment checks. Can anyone give me any info on this?
Original post by Algar
I've been offered 3 posts at EO level for the DWp and HO but I was long-term unemployed, 4 years, due to having to care for my parent who passed away recently. I did some voluntary work in this time but I'm worried that this time away from work will cause me to fail my pre-employment checks. Can anyone give me any info on this?

Offered 3 post? I thought one can only get 1offer at a time. I passed 3 interviews and I was only given offer for just one. They claimed its the rule.

I don't think being unemployed for a while will make you fail your checks as long as you have suitable references you should be fine
Reply 2
Where have you both been offered jobs?
Reply 3
Original post by Algar

I have been unemployed for nearly 3 years due to ill health! and before that I worked in education. I start my work coach role on the 8th of jan.
You will be completely fine! Don’t stress.
Reply 4
Original post by Sophielarlar
Offered 3 post? I thought one can only get 1offer at a time. I passed 3 interviews and I was only given offer for just one. They claimed its the rule.

I don't think being unemployed for a while will make you fail your checks as long as you have suitable references you should be fine

One is with teh home office and one is with DWP. The third, I've just found out, I've been added to the subs list for.
Reply 5
Original post by Bartonj81
Where have you both been offered jobs?

DWP and the HO in Newcastle.
Reply 6
Original post by Yhb
I have been unemployed for nearly 3 years due to ill health! and before that I worked in education. I start my work coach role on the 8th of jan.

Thanks so much for that! I was getting worried there may be an issue, Had a phone call from them this morning about the onboarding process too so hopefully things are going along smoothly there now.
Reply 7
Original post by Algar
Thanks so much for that! I was getting worried there may be an issue, Had a phone call from them this morning about the onboarding process too so hopefully things are going along smoothly there now.

No worries!
i totally get it, most important is the DBS and countersignatory as long as that’s good then you are good to go.
I didn’t even have any employee references because I haven’t worked in so long.
Reply 8
Hi All,

I interviewed with the DWP in October for the EO Work coach role. I recently heard back that I was unsuccessful with the interview, but I raised a complaint regarding this as I had requested extra time during the interview due to a health condition but this was not granted. As a result, I struggled in the interview with the time I was given. I have been told the matter is being investigated and that they are looking for a resolution, would this be in the form of a job offer or a near miss offer? Or even the opportunity to re interview with the additional time?

Thanks!
Reply 9
Received a call 2 weeks ago to come along with my physical documents for sitting at Job Center Office which I did and also received a call from DWP to confirm my NINO, and my pre employment status hasn’t changed yet, don’t know why is taking so much time?
Reply 10
Original post by Tunapa
Received a call 2 weeks ago to come along with my physical documents for sitting at Job Center Office which I did and also received a call from DWP to confirm my NINO, and my pre employment status hasn’t changed yet, don’t know why is taking so much time?

Had a call week past Thursday to take my documents in, too. My status is still PEC are still underway.
Original post by Yhb

how are you finding it so far? What is training like?
Reply 12
I was put on waiting list for work coach role since 20th of February in Portsmouth. Who else is in Hampshire. Pls what's your experience? This has got me checking my email every min.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending