The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE or UCL?

I want to study politics and international relations but I’m not sure which university I should apply to. Have you applied to these universities and if so what courses?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I mean apply to both!!! i applied to both with 2 different courses, lse i chose psychological behavioural science and ucl management science.
If you get an offer from both unis, i would personally pick lse, its known to be harder and more competitive to get into.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by timophii
I mean apply to both!!! i applied to both with 2 different courses, lse i chose psychological behavioural science and ucl management science.
If you get an offer from both unis, i would personally pick lse, its known to be harder and more competitive to get into.

hey! I applied to LSE for PBS on 12th Oct but I havent heard back yet. Have you? good luck
Reply 3
I heard that LSE typically makes offers from January, but I’m not too sure.
Original post by Mzhax
I want to study politics and international relations but I’m not sure which university I should apply to. Have you applied to these universities and if so what courses?

lse
Reply 5
Good luck to you too! I mean I applied right before Christmas so I don’t think I’ll be hearing for a while but I heard lse really don’t say anything until it’s super close to the deadline
Reply 6
Original post by sushsushi
hey! I applied to LSE for PBS on 12th Oct but I havent heard back yet. Have you? good luck

Hi your like the only person ive found that applied PBS !
i found these statistics online, it seems like most offers are out during feb, and i feel like this year most will be around. The offer rate overall seems to be around 26%.

march.https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/662270/response/1586575/attach/html/3/FOI%203430.xlsx.html
i found these statistics online, it seems like most offers are out during feb, and i feel like this year most will be around. The offer rate overall seems to be around 26%.

march.https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/662270/response/1586575/attach/html/3/FOI%203430.xlsx.html

thanks so much! fingers crossed for both of us :smile: dang it's a pretty new course at LSE so I don't think too many people apply for it? what other unis have you applied to btw?
Reply 8
thanks so much! fingers crossed for both of us :smile: dang it's a pretty new course at LSE so I don't think too many people apply for it? what other unis have you applied to btw?

warwick, ucl, kings. what about you?
warwick, ucl, kings. what about you?

cambridge (rejected), ucl psych, ucl neuroscience and lse
havent heard back from any yet
Original post by Mzhax

LSE has a wafer thin advantage over UCL for international reputation, even though UCL ranks higher in all the international rankings. You would need to visit both, or at the very least watch lots of youtube videos of LSE and UCL. The main complaint I hear about LSE is that the place is just too small to be happy there for 3 years. UCL is much bigger, although many of the buildings are spread around London. In terms of career prospects, I really can't see a top employer distinguishing between LSE and UCL, as both are top 5 UK institutions overall.
Reply 11

Hi !! sorry i just found this thread and i applied for pbs at lse too !!

Have you guys heard anything back yet ?
Original post by puyi
Hi !! sorry i just found this thread and i applied for pbs at lse too !!

Have you guys heard anything back yet ?

Hey! i haven't heard back yet. I applied on 12th October and still hadn't received an acknowledgement email so I called them up and they said it went astray or sth >< apparently they reply during February and bc the UCAS deadline has moved to the 29th Jan they might reply even later this year
Have you heard back?
Reply 13
Hey! i haven't heard back yet. I applied on 12th October and still hadn't received an acknowledgement email so I called them up and they said it went astray or sth >< apparently they reply during February and bc the UCAS deadline has moved to the 29th Jan they might reply even later this year
Have you heard back?

i applied on the 9th of october and i havent heard anything back yet either :/ but im not worrying about it - youre probably right that replies will be abit later this year lmao. tbh i just want to know if i've been rejected so i can at least sort out my accom for this year ahahah

GOODLUCK !! lmk if you get any updates !! im rooting for you : ))
Original post by puyi
i applied on the 9th of october and i havent heard anything back yet either :/ but im not worrying about it - youre probably right that replies will be abit later this year lmao. tbh i just want to know if i've been rejected so i can at least sort out my accom for this year ahahah

GOODLUCK !! lmk if you get any updates !! im rooting for you : ))

thank you so much!! good luck to you too i hope you get in : ) what unis have you applied to btw?
Reply 15
thank you so much!! good luck to you too i hope you get in : ) what unis have you applied to btw?

hiii

i applied to KCL (offer) , Uni of Nottingham (offer) , Uni of Birmingham (offer) , Cambridge (rejected pre-interview) and then LSE.

I think if i don't get an offer at LSE I'll probably firm KCL and insure Nottingham : )

What about you?
Original post by puyi

i applied to KCL (offer) , Uni of Nottingham (offer) , Uni of Birmingham (offer) , Cambridge (rejected pre-interview) and then LSE.

I think if i don't get an offer at LSE I'll probably firm KCL and insure Nottingham : )

What about you?

congrats on the offers! i applied to cambridge (rejected), UCL, UCL neuroscience and LSE. I haven't yet applied to a 5th uni and i havent heard anything from the other 3 unis rip
Reply 17
congrats on the offers! i applied to cambridge (rejected), UCL, UCL neuroscience and LSE. I haven't yet applied to a 5th uni and i havent heard anything from the other 3 unis rip

thank youuu : )) are you a home student ? where are you planning on going ? i’m sure you’ll hear back soon, some universities (especially the london universities) take a while before they give out offers so i wouldn’t worry too much !! i’m rooting for you : )
Original post by puyi
thank youuu : )) are you a home student ? where are you planning on going ? i’m sure you’ll hear back soon, some universities (especially the london universities) take a while before they give out offers so i wouldn’t worry too much !! i’m rooting for you : )

yep i'm a home student and i already have my grades

my preferences in order is UCL psychology, LSE psychology and then UCL neuro. i'm not sure where to put my 5th choice bc i'm deciding between Bath and Durham :/ i finally got an acknowledgement email from LSE and its only 3 months late lmao
Reply 19
yep i'm a home student and i already have my grades

my preferences in order is UCL psychology, LSE psychology and then UCL neuro. i'm not sure where to put my 5th choice bc i'm deciding between Bath and Durham :/ i finally got an acknowledgement email from LSE and its only 3 months late lmao

I mean, i have a friend at durham doing psychology at the moment and she really enjoys it !!

well i hope you get into UCL !! : ) youve got this !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending