The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL

when did most people get their offers from UCL and do you think it's bad for me to kinda tailor my PS to LSE ( kind of on accident). I obviously did not mention LSE itself but LSE professors and have not mentioned UCL at all so im worried cuz UCL would be my first choice.
Original post by Anonymous
when did most people get their offers from UCL and do you think it's bad for me to kinda tailor my PS to LSE ( kind of on accident). I obviously did not mention LSE itself but LSE professors and have not mentioned UCL at all so im worried cuz UCL would be my first choice.

For what course?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

In the last couple years UCL has historically sent offers pretty late for most courses. I got my offer about a week before the UCAS deadline for unis to reply to offers in May or so.

In terms of tailoring your PS to LSE that's not uncommon and is generally recommended since they put much more emphasis on the PS than a lot of unis, although I would note this doesn't usually mean name dropping things related to LSE but just focusing on topics very closely related to the exact way the course is taught at LSE.
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
In the last couple years UCL has historically sent offers pretty late for most courses. I got my offer about a week before the UCAS deadline for unis to reply to offers in May or so.

In terms of tailoring your PS to LSE that's not uncommon and is generally recommended since they put much more emphasis on the PS than a lot of unis, although I would note this doesn't usually mean name dropping things related to LSE but just focusing on topics very closely related to the exact way the course is taught at LSE.

Damn a week before the deadline is crazy... i cant imagine waiting that long omg. so do you think UCL would be less likely to consider me if they see the names of LSE professors in my PS?
Reply 4
Original post by jobajojoba
For what course?

politics
Damn a week before the deadline is crazy... i cant imagine waiting that long omg. so do you think UCL would be less likely to consider me if they see the names of LSE professors in my PS?

No they likely won't care, it's more that I don't think that will benefit your application for LSE the way you think it does.
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
No they likely won't care, it's more that I don't think that will benefit your application for LSE the way you think it does.

Ahh okayyy. When i say ive name dropped professors, I mean ive talked about an academic paper they wrote or a lecture they held and how i feel about it. Do you think that's unnecessary then because im happy to change things to make it more competitive.
Ahh okayyy. When i say ive name dropped professors, I mean ive talked about an academic paper they wrote or a lecture they held and how i feel about it. Do you think that's unnecessary then because im happy to change things to make it more competitive.

I mean if you've actually read it/listened to it and have something meaningful to say it's fine. But it would be fine if you did that for literally any other academic in the field. Don't do it just because they're at LSE - that doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending