The Student Room Group

UCL Bsc economics

Hi guys,

I am an international student and I am curious about the reputation of ucl economics.

I am aware that oxbridge and lse are the very top economics school in uk (or even in the world). How far is ucl behind them in terms of employment reputation? In other words, if a student from ucl has similar background and ability as a student from lse, would the lse student get more chances simply because of the big lse brand name?

Thank you very much.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

I am an international student and I am curious about the reputation of ucl economics.

I am aware that oxbridge and lse are the very top economics school in uk (or even in the world). How far is ucl behind them in terms of employment reputation? In other words, if a student from ucl has similar background and ability as a student from lse, would the lse student get more chances simply because of the big lse brand name?

Thank you very much.

Cambridge and Oxford are on par with LSE but UCL is slightly less prestigious. But you will still get into lucrative roles in Hedge Funds and Investment Banks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending