The Student Room Group

how do I get motivation to study

im just being lazy and procrastinating and im not getting anything done lol. any advice aha :frown:
Original post by Qxi.xli
im just being lazy and procrastinating and im not getting anything done lol. any advice aha :frown:

Maybe just think of a goal to work towards and gives yourself a reason not to give up. For example, say to yourself ‘if I don’t do this essay I make it easier for myself to not get into uni’ or something like that. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
same
Original post by Qxi.xli

Hey @Qxi.xli!

I find it really helpful to write myself a weekly plan of what work I need to get done each day, it makes it easy for you too see what you've done if you tick it off and at the end of the week you can see if you still have anything outstanding :smile:

I would also recommend taking breaks whilst you're working, how often depends on how long it takes for you to get into the swing of working. If you can start working quite quickly then short breaks frequently may be more beneficial, but if you struggle to start work then working for a longer period of time and having a longer break may work better!

Also try to set times for your work - for example from 10-5, and then outside of that time frame do your own thing and reward yourself for your hard work!

I hope this is useful :smile:
Eloise - Official Student Rep
if you dont do the work, you'll fail easy as that
Hello! I found it best to chunk up your studying/work into 25 mins and then have a 5 minute break- do this 4 times then take a half an hour break. There is an official name for this i just cant remember this. But by giving yourself short bursts of focused, hard work, you will retain more information and it makes the work seem more ‘doable’ for want of a better phrase.
Make sure to get up and go to another room for those breaks so your giving yourself a complete break from what youre doing
Original post by Squiggles1238
Hello! I found it best to chunk up your studying/work into 25 mins and then have a 5 minute break- do this 4 times then take a half an hour break. There is an official name for this i just cant remember this. But by giving yourself short bursts of focused, hard work, you will retain more information and it makes the work seem more ‘doable’ for want of a better phrase.
Make sure to get up and go to another room for those breaks so your giving yourself a complete break from what youre doing

Pomodoro method :smile:
Original post by Vapordave
Pomodoro method :smile:

Thats the one! Very effective method
I've been procrastinating like crazy too, at the moment. :yep:

Why not try working in the same room as someone else? Even better if they can see your screen. You'll feel pressure to work!
Thanks so much xx
Make a timelapse of urself studying, did that once it was so cool to watch back, makes u feel good by the end of it too :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending