The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St Chad's freshers 2021

Anyone else got allocated to Chads yet?? Figured i could make some friends :smile: i've got an offer to study combined honours in social sciences
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hiya - came from the allocation thread, i'm glad someone made one as i would have messed it up as i am rubbish with these things haha! I have firmed Durham and am still shocked to be studying law!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hi, i've been allocated to chads, the offer is for econ but i'm not sure if i'll firm durham
Reply 3
Original post by c_harlotte
Hiya - came from the allocation thread, i'm glad someone made one as i would have messed it up as i am rubbish with these things haha! I have firmed Durham and am still shocked to be studying law!

you already firmed durham wow! I want to but I haven't heard back from st andrews yet,, I'm going to get all my cards on the table before i commit! chuffed about getting chads though,, its so tiny and popular i really didnt think i'd get in either!
Reply 4
Original post by XanaXoid
Hi, i've been allocated to chads, the offer is for econ but i'm not sure if i'll firm durham

Where would you go instead ?? : )
Original post by thaneofross
Where would you go instead ?? : )

No chads it's perfect as a college, it was my first choice
heyyy, I've also been allocated to Chads :smile: I'm likely to be firming Durham for Finance if and when I receive the rest of my offers!
hey I got allocated chads :smile: and have an offer to study maths (chads was my first choice college so super happy!) havent firmed durham yet as still deciding between durham and st andrews but i think now I’ve got chads I am leaning towards durham. anyone else studying maths?
got chads too and it was my 1st choice :smile: I'm studying earth sciences. still waiting for st Andrews too lol they take forever
Holaaa,
I got allocated Chads too and have an offer to study history! Still waiting on Edin but will be firming Durham!! any other history students?
Original post by kate_wimbush
hey I got allocated chads :smile: and have an offer to study maths (chads was my first choice college so super happy!) havent firmed durham yet as still deciding between durham and st andrews but i think now I’ve got chads I am leaning towards durham. anyone else studying maths?

heyy same here! haven't received an offer from St Andrews yet but i'm definitely torn, getting Chads also did sway my opinion too tbh aha
Original post by jess_hoyle
Holaaa,
I got allocated Chads too and have an offer to study history! Still waiting on Edin but will be firming Durham!! any other history students?

I got in for chss but planning to do history alongside poitics :smile:
Hi I have an offer to study theology and religion at chads but haven’t firmed it yet
Original post by jess_hoyle
Holaaa,

Yes I'm in the same situation- waiting on Edinburgh but likely to firm Durham for history!!
how many of you guys are independent school kids
Heyyy :smile:
I've just been allocated to chads aswell, so excited as it was my first choice as well. I have an offer to study human sciences, looking forward to meeting you all!!
Original post by thaneofross
you already firmed durham wow! I want to but I haven't heard back from st andrews yet,, I'm going to get all my cards on the table before i commit! chuffed about getting chads though,, its so tiny and popular i really didnt think i'd get in either!

Yeah, I've put york as my insurance but don't get the same feel for it, it would seem lots of people are waiting on St Andrew's (shame they don't law ha!) I know I heard after I put it as my first choice that it was the most oversubscribed - so I was shocked to be allocated there but am really happy as it seems so pretty and one of the best colleges from what I've seen.
Reply 17
Hiii, I've also just been allocated Chads with my geography offer, which is super exciting. I'm not sure which uni I'm gonna firm, currently weighing up between Exeter, Edinburgh and Durham but I think this allocation will shift me towards Durham a little more. Where else are you all considering?
Original post by Anna_g
Hiii, I've also just been allocated Chads with my geography offer, which is super exciting. I'm not sure which uni I'm gonna firm, currently weighing up between Exeter, Edinburgh and Durham but I think this allocation will shift me towards Durham a little more. Where else are you all considering?

Congrats!! I'm similarly going between Edinburgh, Exeter and Durham (leaning more toward Durham now). Its so difficult to decide, I feel like I might just flip a coin😂
Original post by TillyCelia
Congrats!! I'm similarly going between Edinburgh, Exeter and Durham (leaning more toward Durham now). Its so difficult to decide, I feel like I might just flip a coin😂

I'm the exact same, I'm so indecisive so trying to choose which uni I want to go to is impossible hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest