The Student Room Group

PGDE Art and Design 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi I'm still waiting too and its been over 10 days x
Anyone heard from Glasgow or Edinburgh about interviews? Still haven't heard back from Strathclyde about an offer or rejection
Reply 42
Original post by sheerheartattaxk
Anyone heard from Glasgow or Edinburgh about interviews? Still haven't heard back from Strathclyde about an offer or rejection

I got an email today from Glasgow basically saying that they are delayed processing applications. So don’t worry if you are still waiting to hear from them.
Reply 43
Hi I had my interview for Strathclyde on 1st Feb and got a conditional a couple of hours ago so hopefully won't be too long now.
Got the email from Glasgow saying they're running behind so will probably be March before they start interviewing us x
Original post by Ak7723
Hi I had my interview for Strathclyde on 1st Feb and got a conditional a couple of hours ago so hopefully won't be too long now.
Got the email from Glasgow saying they're running behind so will probably be March before they start interviewing us x

Congratulations that's amazing! I have my interview for Strathclyde soon I'm so nervous! Just don't know what to expect! I also received that email from Glasgow, think you could be right, will probably be around March time x
Reply 45
Original post by Frankiemalu
Congratulations that's amazing! I have my interview for Strathclyde soon I'm so nervous! Just don't know what to expect! I also received that email from Glasgow, think you could be right, will probably be around March time x

Oh good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll do great x
Original post by Ak7723
Oh good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll do great x

Thank you so much! x
Reply 47
Does anyone know how/when we are expected to upload our portfolio for strathclyde? Or will it only be requested of us if we are invited to interview? I managed to get an interview previously and was offered a place on the course but chose not to take it for various personal reason. No word from anyone yet this year. I'm a mature student but wether that will make a difference or not I don't know and I'm afraid to say it's not looking good.

Congratulations to all on your interviews and offers so far!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by bryna
Does anyone know how/when we are expected to upload our portfolio for strathclyde? Or will it only be requested of us if we are invited to interview? I managed to get an interview previously and was offered a place on the course but chose not to take it for various personal reason. No word from anyone yet this year. I'm a mature student but wether that will make a difference or not I don't know and I'm afraid to say it's not looking good.

Congratulations to all on your interviews and offers so far!

You are requested to send a copy of your portfolio if you are chosen for interview
Reply 49
You are requested to send a copy of your portfolio if you are chosen for interview

Fab. Thank you thank you : )
Reply 50
Hello!

Wondering how everyone is getting on with their applications. Strathclyde are taking forever! I also interviewed on the 1st Feb so I'm assuming if some offers have gone out already I must be a 'maybe' as I know some people were rejected from other subjects really shortly after interview. I had an interview for Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago and got an offer a couple of days later so I'm really relieved about that. I withdrew my application to UWS as it's further to travel than Edinburgh, but waiting to hear from Glasgow now and it's been radio silence other than the email to say applications were taking longer than usual.

Earlier I was talking about my friend who did her PGDE at Strathclyde and said she would have gone elsewhere given the choice again and said I'd follow up - she said it was a bit of a personal issue with some of the lecturers on the course so I'm not sure I'd let it put me off. She also said that she wished she'd done her catholic teaching qualification which I think was only avaliable from Glasgow Uni at the time, but I believe that's changed now and you can do it alongside your PGDE at any university.

Hope everyone's interviews have been going well!
I've still not heard from Strathclyde either and my interview was over a month ago! At the interview they said I'd hear within 10 days so I'm not sure what to think!

I've also had interviews for Edinburgh and UWS and been offered a place at both.

Only just heard back from Glasgow with details of an interview.

What are everyone's experiences of the interviews? I found Edinburgh and UWS much more positive than Strathclyde.
Reply 52
Original post by teachart1
I've still not heard from Strathclyde either and my interview was over a month ago! At the interview they said I'd hear within 10 days so I'm not sure what to think!

I've also had interviews for Edinburgh and UWS and been offered a place at both.

Only just heard back from Glasgow with details of an interview.

What are everyone's experiences of the interviews? I found Edinburgh and UWS much more positive than Strathclyde.

Congratulations on your offers!

I can't speak for UWS but I actually enjoyed the Edinburgh interview, even the group part! I don't think the Strathclyde interviewers made much of an effort to put me at ease and it all felt a little cold - I did my best to be friendly but it was quite unreciprocated, but Edinburgh felt the opposite. Just the fact that the interviewers cracked a few smiles during the interview made all the difference.

I think we had an easier task than other subjects might have for the group part - I was expecting to have to prepare a 'mini lesson' for the presentation which would have been much trickier than just talking through your portfolio.

How did you find the interviews? Do you have any preferences for your first choice? I'm really not sure what I'd choose if the commute wasn't a factor, and even between Glasgow and Strathclyde which are closest I'm not sure what I'd choose if I were to have offers from both. :s-smilie:
Anyone had their Glasgow interview yet? Or heard back from Strath? I had my Strathclyde interview nearly 2 months ago and haven't heard anything despite the 'response in ten days' comment.

Also has anyone interviewed with Edinburgh yet, what was that like?
Reply 54
Anyone had their Glasgow interview yet? Or heard back from Strath? I had my Strathclyde interview nearly 2 months ago and haven't heard anything despite the 'response in ten days' comment.

Hi I had my Strathclyde interview on 1st feb and got a conditional about 2 weeks later. The Glasgow interview date only came through the other day but I decided just to accept Strathclyde as that's where I want x
Reply 55

I'm still waiting to hear from Strathclyde after interviewing at the start of February, and nothing at all from Glasgow yet either!

I enjoyed the Edinburgh interview! It was really relaxed - everyone took turns to present their portfolio, then there was a pretty quick individual interview afterwards. It all felt quite informal, the interviewer was lovely and reassured us that they would be sticking to the script and only asking us the questions we were given in the invitation email, which they did, and I heard back within a few days.
Hi Everyone! I have now heard from Glasgow, Strathclyde and UWS with offers for all 3! Glasgow want a 2:1, Strathclyde have said they want proof of an honours degree so I think as long as I get a third or above I’ll get in? UWS have said they want proof of degree, not sure if that even means honours or not? And I haven’t heard a thing from Edinburgh

I think I will be picking Glasgow as my first choice and Strathclyde as my insurance choice! Has anyone confirmed their choices yet?
Original post by Frankiemalu
Hi Everyone! I have now heard from Glasgow, Strathclyde and UWS with offers for all 3! Glasgow want a 2:1, Strathclyde have said they want proof of an honours degree so I think as long as I get a third or above I’ll get in? UWS have said they want proof of degree, not sure if that even means honours or not? And I haven’t heard a thing from Edinburgh

I think I will be picking Glasgow as my first choice and Strathclyde as my insurance choice! Has anyone confirmed their choices yet?

I've only received offers from Glasgow and UWS, still not heard back from Strathclyde (and given it's been 2 months I'm just gonna assume it's a rejection) or received an interview/rejection from Edinburgh.
At this point I am tempted to just put Glasgow as my first choice and UWS as my back up but also figured I should wait until after the May cut off date they have until to respond
I've only received offers from Glasgow and UWS, still not heard back from Strathclyde (and given it's been 2 months I'm just gonna assume it's a rejection) or received an interview/rejection from Edinburgh.
At this point I am tempted to just put Glasgow as my first choice and UWS as my back up but also figured I should wait until after the May cut off date they have until to respond

Congratulations on your offers! I never heard a thing from Edinburgh either but wanted either Glasgow or Strathclyde so I just removed Edinburgh from my ucas so I could officially make my choices! You could always wait and see, a lot of unis are running really behind so your offer/interview could still come along! Like you said they have until the end of may
Original post by Ak7723
I got accepted at UwS and Strathclyde, then got my interview date through for Glasgow. But my conditions are passing my higher maths and English and I'm still finding maths tough. Passed the prelim only just ! So decided to accept Strathclyde as that was my first choice rather than putting myself through the stress of anymore interviews so I can concentrate on my maths x

I thought it was nat 5 maths that was the requirement?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending