The Student Room Group

Geography NEA

Hi! I’m doing edexcel a level geography and I’m starting to put together an nea. Problem is, I have no idea what to do! I just know I’d like to do something around the Lake District as I live near and it needs to directly link to the spec.. any ideas for a question/advice?
depends if your more human or physical geography? you could do something about pollution - air or water, migration etc. I think the best way is to choose a geography topic from the spec that you enjoy/ like/ want to learn more about and go from there. To an extent, you can somehow relate the topic you choose from the spec to an area - unless you choose hot or cold environments!!
Reply 2
Original post by oliviapig
depends if your more human or physical geography? you could do something about pollution - air or water, migration etc. I think the best way is to choose a geography topic from the spec that you enjoy/ like/ want to learn more about and go from there. To an extent, you can somehow relate the topic you choose from the spec to an area - unless you choose hot or cold environments!!

Thankyou so much for replying!! I think I’m a bit more of a human geographer, I saw in the spec something about national/local strategies in the area so I was thinking maybe something about comparing the ‘success’ of these strategies & what the local community thinks? Do you think that would be too difficult to create success criteria or measure things?
Original post by Livlyx
Thankyou so much for replying!! I think I’m a bit more of a human geographer, I saw in the spec something about national/local strategies in the area so I was thinking maybe something about comparing the ‘success’ of these strategies & what the local community thinks? Do you think that would be too difficult to create success criteria or measure things?

Maybe focus on one strategy (I'm doing AQA geog so slightly different spec and we have only done 2 physical topics atm ) so Idk what the national/local strategies are but I will try and give a physical example.
If you chose to do a coast you could see how effective the groynes are at reducing or stopping longshore drift in that sediment cell. I don't think national strategies are possible as I belive it has to be own research you can conduct and you couldn't do a national research project (not 100% sure about that tho so check, we haven't started thinking NEAs yet but it wont be long!)

Hope this helps
what about tourism in the lake district?
Original post by ipsabhatt
what about tourism in the lake district?

that sounds like it would work. You could also include tourist facilities in it. Maybe do facilities decrease as you move further away from X (the main tourist location).
or would improving tourist facilities improve the income made from tourism (this part could be changed to anything really e.g increase the number of tourists or the length they stay or why they chose to stay In the LD as opposed to anywhere else in the country).
Hopefully these help in some way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending