The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by MKaur18
In terms of timetabling, and workload. Also if you don't mind - what university are you studying at?

This thread is specifically about the final, 4th year of the MPharm course.

Final year is hectic, with dissertations, courseworks and lectures. I personally felt like fourth year was much more stressful compared to all three precious years put together. There is a lot to revise for exams, and with pre-reg starting a month or two after exams, you feel very anxious about the whole thing.
Reply 2
Original post by RR5
Final year is hectic, with dissertations, courseworks and lectures. I personally felt like fourth year was much more stressful compared to all three precious years put together. There is a lot to revise for exams, and with pre-reg starting a month or two after exams, you feel very anxious about the whole thing.

Awww no! That seems super stressful. How often were you on campus with covid-19 going on?

How did you find preparing for pre-reg oriel, or did you apply elsewhere?

What types of exams have you got, and when are they for you? As, for 4th years they are usually earlier right?
Reply 3
Original post by MKaur18
Awww no! That seems super stressful. How often were you on campus with covid-19 going on?

How did you find preparing for pre-reg oriel, or did you apply elsewhere?

What types of exams have you got, and when are they for you? As, for 4th years they are usually earlier right?

Yeah it does :smile: how you finding it. I haven’t been to campus at all this year. I found my place privately at a pharmacy I did work experience at. How did you find oriel?

I have one written exam, 2 MCQ and OSCE for a module, and the other module is coursework. What about you? My exams will be done at the end of May, which has been the same in the previous years.
Reply 4
Original post by RR5
Yeah it does :smile: how you finding it. I haven’t been to campus at all this year. I found my place privately at a pharmacy I did work experience at. How did you find oriel?

I have one written exam, 2 MCQ and OSCE for a module, and the other module is coursework. What about you? My exams will be done at the end of May, which has been the same in the previous years.

I haven't been on campus all year this year. Oriel is a bit weird - not had any preparations for it yet - want to sort my exams out first! :'(

I've got a MCQ and OSCEs per each module. Coursework for all modules. Awww man, that's great though, some schools have had longer before exams start though?
Reply 5
Original post by MKaur18
I haven't been on campus all year this year. Oriel is a bit weird - not had any preparations for it yet - want to sort my exams out first! :'(

I've got a MCQ and OSCEs per each module. Coursework for all modules. Awww man, that's great though, some schools have had longer before exams start though?

Oriel opens in June, and the exam is in September / October, for my year there was only the online exam there was no interviews- cancelled because of COVID-19. How many modules do you have. Because we have pre-reg starting as well I prefer the exams being earlier. I have heard other unis have exams starting in June.
honestly i think 4th year was quite chill, im not sure about other unis, but i went to aston, and instead long projects (dissertation) , we could also choose from short projects or elective modules... so i enjoyed picking electives as the assesment legit was to make a patient infomation leaflet, and another assesment a 3000 word essay.

My whole year was online, so most of the time i could rewatch all recorded sessions and learn at my own pace. There was plenty of time to prepare for exams and catch up and recap knowlegde from 1st,2nd 3rd year too...
final year will only be difficult if you dont have a strict routine and discipline, so try not to oversleep on live online lectures, and treat the degree as a fulltime job, since it is full time course...
Obvs i dont mean do 9-5 of revision everyday, but u get what i mean, the hours and consistency are KEY to success in final year.

Also with essays/assignments, try do drafts as soon as, ask a couple lecturers to proof read before everyone starts bombarding them with emails, take advantage of the staff in final year whilst ya can!
From personal experience, make sure you keep electronic backup copies of your notes (not just 1 but dozens) which are available offline and via cloud in case stuff gets wrecked or stolen. Also make sure you have contigencies in place in case student loan gets suddenly cutoff and contingencies in place for what to do if you get hospitalised for a long period of time during last year.
Original post by MKaur18

What are you using for oriel prep ?

Latest

Trending

Trending