The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh - MSc. Cognitive Science

Hello!
Anyone else applying for the Informatics CogSci programme at Edinburgh?
Original post by SR22
Hello!
Anyone else applying for the Informatics CogSci programme at Edinburgh?

Hey, yes I applied and got an offer. I'm now looking for other applicants or offer holders
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by anananatman
Hey, yes I applied and got an offer. I'm now looking for other applicants or offer holders

Ooh, congratulations! Could you please share when you applied and when the offer was made?
I'm an international student, and my application has been on 'Being Processed' since two months :/
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SR22
Ooh, congratulations! Could you please share when you applied and when the offer was made?
I'm an international student, and my application has been on 'Being Processes' since two months :/

I had planned to apply for a while so I finished my application in October and I got an offer in January. I wouldn't worry if I was you, I spoke to someone who was admitted and completed the MSc aa couple years ago and they applied in late March and got their offer in June. "No news is good news" as the saying goes.
Reply 4
I wrote to them and got an offer today!
Original post by SR22

Congrats!! I'm very happy for you!

Also, I can't reply to messages yet.
Reply 6
Original post by anananatman
Congrats!! I'm very happy for you!

Also, I can't reply to messages yet.

Thank you! I'm very excited. Ah, they have certain restrictions for new users, I had that problem too.
I think I saw you on the other group, I'll reach out to you there ^.^
Original post by SR22

Hi SR22! Congratulations on your offer! I tried to PM you but TSR wouldn't let me, I recently signed up. I'm an international student also, engineering background with work experience in Data Science, a MicroMasters in Statistics and Data Science and research papers published. I too applied for MSc in Cognitive Science at Edinburgh and still got my application under "being processed" status. What did you write to them and how can I do it? Also, what undergraduate background do you have?

Thanks!
Reply 8
Original post by jose.h.sc
Hi SR22! Congratulations on your offer! I tried to PM you but TSR wouldn't let me, I recently signed up. I'm an international student also, engineering background with work experience in Data Science, a MicroMasters in Statistics and Data Science and research papers published. I too applied for MSc in Cognitive Science at Edinburgh and still got my application under "being processed" status. What did you write to them and how can I do it? Also, what undergraduate background do you have?

Thanks!

Hello! Sorry, I just saw this now.
I had applied in December and wrote to them asking if I could expect an update soon since I had some other offers I needed to respond to. I wrote to [email protected], and heard back from them within the day. I'm assuming they had processed my application early on.

I have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, and graduated in 2020.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending