The Student Room Group

Wanting to study neuroscience at postgrad

I currently study psychology, however I am thinking of studying neuroscience for a masters. Does anyone know if this would even be an available option for me to take or how I should go about this?
Original post by lily1x
I currently study psychology, however I am thinking of studying neuroscience for a masters. Does anyone know if this would even be an available option for me to take or how I should go about this?

An MSc in Neuroscience should be available to you, yes.

For example, MSc Systems Neuroscience at University of Sheffield (details) require, "Minimum 2:1 undergraduate honours degree in either a life science (including psychology) or a mathematical/physical science (including engineering)."

MSc Neuroscience at University of Exeter (details) might be an option. They say, "Minimum 2:2 honours or equivalent in a relevant science subject. Relevant subjects include biological sciences, medical sciences, cell biology, anatomy, microbiology, neuroscience, pharmacology, physiology, or molecular biology." and "Students with 2:1 or 1st class honours degrees in related science subjects such as psychology, sports science, physics, chemistry, natural sciences, mathematics, or statistics may be admitted at the discretion of the programme director. A personal statement, detailing your reasons for seeking to undertake this subject, will be required."

Or how about MSc Cognitive Neuroscience at University of York (details). They want "2:2 or equivalent in Psychology, Neuroscience, Biology or a related discipline".

As for "how I should go about this", you look around until you find a few courses / universities which appeal to you (including, potentially, the uni you're at right now), and where you're likely to meet the entry requirements once you graduate, and you apply directly to each via their web sites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending