The Student Room Group

GCSE Textbook Suggestions

I'm hoping to be studying most of the following subjects for GCSE in the next year:
English Language: AQA
English Literature: OCR
Maths: AQA
Triple Science: AQA
Ethics and Philosophy: AQA
Geography: AQA
History: Edexcel
Health and Social Care: OCR

Please could you list a some books that would be useful for each subject. Any other tips would be appreciated too. :smile:
- Cgp books are the only revision guides you’ll need
Just type in CGP {Subject} book
I use it and it’s very helpful
Reply 2
Original post by Shy oreo
- Cgp books are the only revision guides you’ll need
Just type in CGP {Subject} book
I use it and it’s very helpful

yes, ive used CGP a lot before. Thanks!
Getting the exam boards books and syllabuses can be useful too!
Reply 4
Original post by Dragon264
Getting the exam boards books and syllabuses can be useful too!

I'll look them up. Thanks so much!
Original post by AA..
I'll look them up. Thanks so much!

however i suspect your school will give you all the textbooks next year when you start the gcse courses. The only thing that I recommend you buy yourself right now is the CGP guides, apart from that see what textbooks you're given next year and take it from there
I found BBC bitesize sufficient for most subjects. For English, lots of free content is available on youtube so i wouldn't bother getting a textbook for that. CGP textbooks are amazing for sciences. Good luck
Reply 7
Original post by User18041982
I found BBC bitesize sufficient for most subjects. For English, lots of free content is available on youtube so i wouldn't bother getting a textbook for that. CGP textbooks are amazing for sciences. Good luck

Yes, bitesize is great. Thanks so much!
Although it's not a textbook, I found 'freesciencelessons' on YouTube to be a great resource.
Original post by AA..
Yes, bitesize is great. Thanks so much!

No problem
Reply 10
Original post by Pyruvic Acid
Although it's not a textbook, I found 'freesciencelessons' on YouTube to be a great resource.

Yes, we use it in science lessons during lockdown. They were quite useful - thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest