The Student Room Group

cgp books

are cgp revision guides/workbooks really necesary? i feel like everyone has them, but i dont want to spend to much money on them and theyre expensive to buy 1 for each subject. can i revise effectively without them?
Yess for GCSE's they are a life saver they simplify things much better than textbooks and anthing else in my opinion you can effecively do well witghout them or buy second hand ones they are much cheaper tbh try ebay low to high and amazon or facebook shpock.
Reply 2
hi does anyone know where i can find free ks3 cgp books online
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
They are not the only resource out there but I personally found them a godsend, especially for science.
Reply 4
hi pleaseee anyone free ks3 cgp online pdf
Reply 5
Original post by akshaya.x
hi pleaseee anyone free ks3 cgp online pdf

try finding it on zlibrary
Original post by SmoothieCoolSara
are cgp revision guides/workbooks really necesary? i feel like everyone has them, but i dont want to spend to much money on them and theyre expensive to buy 1 for each subject. can i revise effectively without them?

Hi, I think for subjects with so so much content like science or geography, it can be useful to have. Although, I recommend the oxford revise science gcse book, I use the trilogy higher combined science one and it has summarised ALL the topics I need to know for biology chemistry and physics in such a simple manner (BONUS: they also use the spec in their notes, so they don't add unnecessary info) and they have practice exam-based questions at the end of every topic! They have their answers on their website, so it's easy to access too.
For maths, I print off practice papers from maths genie and MME revise. Tbh I only ever use the cgp science and maths exam practice workbooks.
For english, there are better options - cgp is decent for english but yorknotes go better in depth. Hope that helped and good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by elinaa-1
try finding it on zlibrary

thanks but its not working any other suggestions?
Reply 8
thanks but its not working any other suggestions?

no sorry :smile:
Reply 9
no sorry :smile:

do you know why it isn't working cuz apparently it is illegal or something
Reply 10
do you know why it isn't working cuz apparently it is illegal or something

personally haven't used it before, my friends use it to download textbooks
Reply 11
personally haven't used it before, my friends use it to download textbooks

oh okay its just that it isn't letting me download it
Reply 12
Original post by SmoothieCoolSara

Heya!
People usually fo find the CGP books very useful. If you are looking for some free resources then check out Study Mind as well :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Hi, I think for subjects with so so much content like science or geography, it can be useful to have. Although, I recommend the oxford revise science gcse book, I use the trilogy higher combined science one and it has summarised ALL the topics I need to know for biology chemistry and physics in such a simple manner (BONUS: they also use the spec in their notes, so they don't add unnecessary info) and they have practice exam-based questions at the end of every topic! They have their answers on their website, so it's easy to access too.
For maths, I print off practice papers from maths genie and MME revise. Tbh I only ever use the cgp science and maths exam practice workbooks.
For english, there are better options - cgp is decent for english but yorknotes go better in depth. Hope that helped and good luck!

contact me, i have all the books of ks3 and gcse and a level in pdf whatsapp me +923005446695
Original post by fayzan2010
contact me, i have all the books of ks3 and gcse and a level in pdf whatsapp me +923005446695

That would be great, but could I instead email you if you can? I can send you my email if that helps

Quick Reply

Latest