The Student Room Group

I’ve had enough of beauty standards

So exhausting to try keep up with it when I can’t fit it. 😣

What do you think? Are you affected?
Seriously same. The worst thing is I don't think I'm even that conventionally unattractive. Like, in my home country I'm pretty average, but here, my ethnic features are ridiculed. Still, I am never going to have plastic surgery on my nose or malform my face just to look like every other girl in this country. I'll never straighten my hair or bleach it. I'll never starve myself to change my bodyshape. I would rather be unique and my true self. Stay strong. <3
nah, I'm just a happy ugly duckling😛
i've given up on beauty standards, they're impossible to reach
I'm a proud fugly person. :colone:
Original post by CleoRikkiEmma
So exhausting to try keep up with it when I can’t fit it. 😣

What do you think? Are you affected?

To be honest it's not that deep. As long as a person takes care of themself in hygiene and presentation they're beautiful. I'm not a solid 10 but it really doesn't matter since I have the social skills needed to fit in, unless you're around weird shallow kids that care about looks.
Original post by Cıllıan
To be honest it's not that deep. As long as a person takes care of themself in hygiene and presentation they're beautiful. I'm not a solid 10 but it really doesn't matter since I have the social skills needed to fit in, unless you're around weird shallow kids that care about looks.

I think that’s from a males point of of view, but for women, they are factually more affected. (Not to say men aren’t)
Same. Also, I feel like there's so many different beauty standards and none of them work together or are particularly attainable. On one side there's the super skinny thigh gap look, then on the other side there's the "thick" big thighs big bum look. If you're either you're ridiculed by the other and if you're neither you're ridiculed by both. The goalposts are constantly changing so I'm trying to like me for me rn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending