The Student Room Group

What is the most expensive Game you own?

Use this site to find the most expensive game you own.

https://www.pricecharting.com/

If you have older systems/games you may well be sitting on a hidden gem 😉

Scroll to see replies

Years ago I bought Snatcher on Mega CD for £80, played it, and sold it for £100.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ANM775

I own the Mega Man games and the most of them are known to be (very) expensive. By the way, that is a nice page you have found!
Reply 3
I think the most expensive game I own is Skies of Arcadia Legends for the Gamecube. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it but i'm pretty sure I bought it new and for under £40 .....now it's worth £85 in the state it's in
Reply 4
Castlevania SotN often sells £100-150 variable. Mini gems are Resi Evil Directors Cut, Dragon's Crown go for much less.
Original post by ANM775

monopoly jkjk XD. Maybe, love.Love is a game so to speak, except you shouldn't play it again for fun. I wanna reach the end of the board and have someone properly, love though is also not a game. But i think of it like that in the perspective of a board game, one I only want to play once unless needed. so, like,i only want one girl rn and shes my girlfriend, if it dont work out, then i start at the beginning of that board again and find different players
(edited 3 years ago)
XD, I just keep rereading it because i was trying to sound wise but im just confusing myself lol
Original post by noggins
Castlevania SotN often sells £100-150 variable. Mini gems are Resi Evil Directors Cut, Dragon's Crown go for much less.

With or without (original) packaging? they are so precious in a brandnew and unused state, wow! :eek: Vampires Kiss is insane.
Reply 8
actually my most expensive game might be this...

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/final-fantasy-xv-special-steelbook-edition-ps4~c3157~p3451752/?exta=gshp&stat=eyJpcCI6IjEwOC4xNiIsImRwIjowLCJsaWQiOiI0MDI1MjQ4IiwicyI6IjEiLCJ0IjoxNjE3OTYyODIzLCJibWMiOiIyLjUifQ==&lid=4025248&gclid=CjwKCAjwmv-DBhAMEiwA7xYrd4B6wwrn6_7XWc3g7koLcvKzt1yOf5Jb6HKhaiaMB6YBVB8tBtl6uRoCsDAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I bought one for £32.99 brand new some years ago and deliberately didn't open it as I figured it would rise in price.

I did this deliberately with another game too which has risen significantly..

I'm actually quite good at picking games which will take off.......
I think i'm going to buy myself a copy of pokemon sun/moon. They are selling for new really cheap at the moment (which is actually bad), but I can't imagine them still being so cheap 20yrs from now. I definitely can't see myself making a loss........
Original post by ANM775
actually my most expensive game might be this...

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/final-fantasy-xv-special-steelbook-edition-ps4~c3157~p3451752/?exta=gshp&stat=eyJpcCI6IjEwOC4xNiIsImRwIjowLCJsaWQiOiI0MDI1MjQ4IiwicyI6IjEiLCJ0IjoxNjE3OTYyODIzLCJibWMiOiIyLjUifQ==&lid=4025248&gclid=CjwKCAjwmv-DBhAMEiwA7xYrd4B6wwrn6_7XWc3g7koLcvKzt1yOf5Jb6HKhaiaMB6YBVB8tBtl6uRoCsDAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I bought one for £32.99 brand new some years ago and deliberately didn't open it as I figured it would rise in price.

I did this deliberately with another game too which has risen significantly..

I'm actually quite good at picking games which will take off.......
I think i'm going to buy myself a copy of pokemon sun/moon. They are selling for new really cheap at the moment (which is actually bad), but I can't imagine them still being so cheap 20yrs from now. I definitely can't see myself making a loss........

Or get a job and make more in a day or 2 than you would in 20 years.
Reply 10
Original post by ozzyoscy
Or get a job and make more in a day or 2 than you would in 20 years.

i'm not suggesting this to replace peoples full time income.

Just as a way of getting some easy extra cash somewhere down the line.
or even you could plan to hang onto it indefinitely and pass onto your kids/grandkids ...and if you've kept it sealed for that long the amounts of money it could fetch would very significant indeed/even life changing...

i've seen games that i bought new as a kid now selling for thousands. my copies though are not worth nearly that much because i broke seal and played the game.

but i've definitely seen the potential of games rising in value.

yeah, i'm definitely going to buy pokemon sun or moon. it's £13 right now sealed/new..... and quite frankly i can't see it selling much lower in that state. it's easily available now even though the game is kinda getting old and this is what is keeping prices low. i am pretty sure nintendo would have stopped producing new copies by now so at the moment the price will hold until retailers start running out of available stock. as soon as that happens the games value will take a sharp hike.

trust me. those looking for some easy extra cash 5+ yrs from now go and buy yourself a copy of pokemon sun/moon
Original post by ANM775
i'm not suggesting this to replace peoples full time income.

Just as a way of getting some easy extra cash somewhere down the line.
or even you could plan to hang onto it indefinitely and pass onto your kids/grandkids ...and if you've kept it sealed for that long the amounts of money it could fetch would very significant indeed/even life changing...

You could do that with any category of object.

I didn't say you suggested it to replace income. I said you can work 2 days and make more than 20 years of sitting on that video game.
(edited 3 years ago)
Currently Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Used to have a lot of rare games inc Panzer Dragoon Saga but sold most of them like an idiot for cheap a few years ago. Also decided to throw away about 20 years worth of sealed games magazines when I was moving house.

Stella Glow was selling on Argos for £5 a few months ago, and selling on Amazon at the same time for £200 but they weren't delivering to my bloody location. They were getting rid of all their 3DS stuff for super cheap.
Reply 13
I've just remembered this but maybe 6 or 7 years back during a clear out my dad convinced me to throw away the old Amiga console..

then like a year later i happened to type it into ebay out of curiosity and discovered those models were selling for around £600 on there....

biggest facepalm of my life :facepalm:
Reply 14
Original post by ozzyoscy
You could do that with any category of object.

I didn't say you suggested it to replace income. I said you can work 2 days and make more than 20 years of sitting on that video game.

Would you say that to an investor buying bitcoin?

because it's essentially the same thing. You are buying an asset, in the hope of making a large ROI by selling it in the future when prices rise

anyways, i've already bought a copy now. just need to go to collect it.
and i'm going to buy more copies of this game, not just one copy. computer games will be my bitcoin.

I am already seeing many many tell signs that the price is going to explode soon. it's already exploded in the US ...and will go the same way within the next 3yrs in the UK

I'll just leave this here. pokemon sun in the US current price....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C93CWU6/ref=olp_aod_early_redir?_encoding=UTF8&aod=1
Original post by ANM775
Would you say that to an investor buying bitcoin?

because it's essentially the same thing. You are buying an asset, in the hope of making a large ROI by selling it in the future when prices rise

1 Bitcoin is tens of thousands of dollars... investors became millionaires...

You're comparing this to a $60 Pokemon game and me saying "you can work 2 days and make more than 20 years of sitting on that video game".
(edited 3 years ago)
Mario kart super circuit CIB $165
Edit: Should probably add its never been opened
(edited 3 years ago)
In recent times it's probably Ring Fit Adventure which set me back about £80 or so.
Reply 18
Rainbow Six Siege because I bought the biggest edition which was like £70 or something.
I would guess Metroid Prime Trilogy, $100 according to that.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest