The Student Room Group

MoJ Trainee Legal Adviser 2021

Has anyone applied for this round of applications? I’ve applied for the first time this year 😬
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ive applied but not had a response
Reply 2
Original post by hennamay
Ive applied but not had a response

Which region have you applied for? I hope we hear soon the waiting is starting to get to me!
Reply 3
Hey , I've applied for the first time this year too. Eagerly waiting to hear anything back !
Reply 4
Hi! Has anyone heard anything about their applications? Mine has now changed to ‘on hold’ but not sure what that means? Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by Jane6
Hi! Has anyone heard anything about their applications? Mine has now changed to ‘on hold’ but not sure what that means? Thanks!

Hi , I've not heard anything back, mine is on hold too.
Reply 6
The last time people were put on hold it meant they had identified enough candidates to interview and potentially fill the roles. If a candidate failed, they plucked people from the on hold category to interview. If all roles were filled, on hold candidates go on the 12 month reserve list.

I'm on hold this time but had a colleague who went through the same process last intake and found this out after mithering them incessantly. It's not a great process because you rarely get an email update, just a random update on the jobs portal.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by DMS_1131
The last time people were put on hold it meant they had identified enough candidates to interview and potentially fill the roles. If a candidate failed, they plucked people from the on hold category to interview. If all roles were filled, on hold candidates go on the 12 month reserve list.

I'm on hold this time but had a colleague who went through the same process last intake and found this out after mithering them incessantly. It's not a great process because you rarely get an email update, just a random update on the jobs portal.

So if your not in the first pick of applicants to be interviewed does it just remain as on hold until they have interviewed their top picks and are sure they have enough people to fill the roles? That sounds like it could be a long wait!
Would be interesting to see if anyone gets an invite soon. I can’t believe it’s taking this long!
Reply 8
Original post by LegallyEve
So if your not in the first pick of applicants to be interviewed does it just remain as on hold until they have interviewed their top picks and are sure they have enough people to fill the roles? That sounds like it could be a long wait!
Would be interesting to see if anyone gets an invite soon. I can’t believe it’s taking this long!

I believe so. If they get enough people to fill the roles we just to right on to the reserve list.

Most MOJ job applications take about half a year from application to beginning employment if you're successful.
Reply 9
I believe so. If they get enough people to fill the roles we just to right on to the reserve list.

Most MOJ job applications take about half a year from application to beginning employment if you're successful.

I don’t believe that’s how it works. We will all get told if we got to the next round - to the interview stage, people that don’t get through to the interview stage will get an unfortunately they will not be progressing with their application email.

After the interview/, if you met the standards required but others ranked higher than you in the merit list and all the roles have been filled in, then you will be put on the reserve list for a year from which further appointments may be made if any additional vacancies arise in the next 12 months.
Original post by Mz_ibs
I don’t believe that’s how it works. We will all get told if we got to the next round - to the interview stage, people that don’t get through to the interview stage will get an unfortunately they will not be progressing with their application email.

After the interview/, if you met the standards required but others ranked higher than you in the merit list and all the roles have been filled in, then you will be put on the reserve list for a year from which further appointments may be made if any additional vacancies arise in the next 12 months.

Sorry, it's my bad for not reading properly. You're right that only people who've been interviewed will go through to the reserve list. But it's not incorrect that what they've been doing is interviewing some people whilst leaving others on hold.

There's no one on any of the threads at the moment saying they're through. Everyone appears to currently be on hold, with the MOJ not replying to emails - which is exactly what happened the year before last when they interviewed a select number of people whilst everyone else was on hold, filled the posts, and then emailed the on hold candidates to say they hadn't gotten through.

But let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.
Reply 11
I am working under the assumption that the previous intakes reserve list was massive. As I haven't seen any posts saying they have an interview, I don't think anyone who applied fresh this year have been invited for an interview/wont be invited.
I applied last year, interviewed and have been on the reserve list since June. They emailed the reserve list in January asking for people to confirm they were still interested as they were starting a new campaign.

Last I heard was 12 April when they said they were reviewing locations and hoped to be in touch by the end of April but still nothing. I wonder if they’ll email reserve list and new applicants at the same time once they’ve sorted locations?
Does anyone know of anyone that’s heard back as everyone’s application seems to be on hold
Original post by Annika787
Does anyone know of anyone that’s heard back as everyone’s application seems to be on hold

I don't know of anyone else applying (except on here) but there's a couple of threads and everyone seems to be on hold. I know a few years back they put everyone on hold when they decided not to run the recruitment campaign (can't remember if it was due to finance or just deciding they didn't need the extra staff) but there was an email sent out then. This just seems some sort of stop gap.

But then the MOJ does take months to move their processes along so we could be here for a while.
Reply 15
I don't know of anyone else applying (except on here) but there's a couple of threads and everyone seems to be on hold. I know a few years back they put everyone on hold when they decided not to run the recruitment campaign (can't remember if it was due to finance or just deciding they didn't need the extra staff) but there was an email sent out then. This just seems some sort of stop gap.

But then the MOJ does take months to move their processes along so we could be here for a while.

Has anyone emailed to ask ? I feel like we've been waiting forever.
Yes I've sent two emails and had no reply.

In fairness it closed on March 22nd ... Two months in MOJ time is no time at all I'm afraid!
Reply 17
Yes I've sent two emails and had no reply.

In fairness it closed on March 22nd ... Two months in MOJ time is no time at all

I've applied for a MOJ job before and had a response within two week regarding an interview date. So , having to wait so long makes me wonder if I've been unsuccessful.
Original post by Tashpud
I've applied for a MOJ job before and had a response within two week regarding an interview date. So , having to wait so long makes me wonder if I've been unsuccessful.

Was it for a legal role? They always take significantly longer considering legal roles because of the public facing nature of them and the impact on the workload.
Reply 19
I can offer nothing except essentially baseless conjecture, same as everyone else right now. All I can say for certain is I was promptly rejected within 3 weeks last time I applied.

Although, I do wonder if the MOJ are going ahead with closing down more courts this year.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I emailed and recieved a (vague?) response a day or two before my application was put on hold.

I received the response on 27th April, it was essentially saying that they were still doing the sifting process.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending