The Student Room Group

is this classed as cheating exam at uni

For a module a lecturer only put up sample papers. I found 2 previous papers on the Moodle site from the last year cohort 2021/22. Would it be classed at cheating to attempt last years papers because they were not released for our cohort but the last year actually sat those exams. I have not clicked them in case its wrong.
btw those were the actual 2021/22 papers
Hi there,

If the papers are released freely on your learning platform, and are papers of the previous year then I can't see how it would be considered cheating. If they were the papers for this years exam it would be a different situation!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

If the papers are released freely on your learning platform, and are papers of the previous year then I can't see how it would be considered cheating. If they were the papers for this years exam it would be a different situation!

Hi, they were not on the 2022/2023 moodle page so I went on the last year page 2021/22 and found them there but I did not click on them. They are last years papers anyway but our lecturer did not actually supply us with the papers to use for revision. I am just scared in case it is not allowed hence I have not viewed them.
Not your problem. They were made available for public viewing. If he didn't want anyone to see them, he should have kept them locked. Nothing will happen to you. And if something does, do not be intimidated. Remember that your lawyers will have a great case from a legal standpoint.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, they were not on the 2022/2023 moodle page so I went on the last year page 2021/22 and found them there but I did not click on them. They are last years papers anyway but our lecturer did not actually supply us with the papers to use for revision. I am just scared in case it is not allowed hence I have not viewed them.

Okay I understand what you mean now. They are still freely available if you and access the previous moodle page, if you did something against the law, and/or University rules e.g. hacking the site or obtaining a password you shouldn't have (or similar) then it would certain be an offence and classed as cheating. But from what you have said this doesn't sound like cheating, but I don't know the rules of your University so can't fully advise on this. If you are worried about this, then perhaps it is best not to use them anyway as I doubt they will give you much of an advantage anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending