The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc Investment & Wealth Management Interview

If anyone has applied for MSc Investment & Wealth Management at Imperial Business School, please let me know if you’ve had an interview or having one. (If you are a first round applicant)

I applied beginning of December 2020 and still haven’t heard anything apart from that getting through admissions.

Thanks!
Hey, did you get the result from uni. I applied after the deadline as they were still accepting the apps. Didnt get any response yet.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, did you get the result from uni. I applied after the deadline as they were still accepting the apps. Didnt get any response yet.

Hi Anon,

I did hear back beginning of March and they offered me a place on the Accounting masters course, but not the investment Management one. After doing a undergraduate in Accounting and Finance, I don’t want to do any more accounting 😂 but got an offer from three other business schools, so all’s good.

I wish you all the best with your application, they are bloody slow though ngl. Expect a reply in 2-3 months time from applying, and even earlier if you hopefully get an interview. Imperial is amazing and they were my first choice, so I hope you get in as I know a guy on the course and he loves it.

Cheers,
Travis
Reply 3
Hi Travis, Did you choose the finance and accounting program that they offered you a place in as your second choice when submitting the application?I applied to the risk management and financial engineering course but I received an email saying that I was rejected and
Original post by Travissimo88
Hi Anon,

I did hear back beginning of March and they offered me a place on the Accounting masters course, but not the investment Management one. After doing a undergraduate in Accounting and Finance, I don’t want to do any more accounting 😂 but got an offer from three other business schools, so all’s good.

I wish you all the best with your application, they are bloody slow though ngl. Expect a reply in 2-3 months time from applying, and even earlier if you hopefully get an interview. Imperial is amazing and they were my first choice, so I hope you get in as I know a guy on the course and he loves it.

Hi Travis, thank you for responding and congrats on getting into other B schools. Actually, Im currently doing my masters in fin but doing it completely online as Australia is not allowing int students. I did 1/3rd of the program and took leave...have to continue from sep. Now desparately want to shift to UK as it seems like I might complete my whole masters sitting at home and you might not believe this but good master programs in Aus are way costlier than the ones in UK.. even more than top ranked ones like Imperial..
Imperial seems to be offering alternative choices to more applicants...I have come across many such posts. I will be super happy even if I get my second choice which is rsk mgmt. They mentioned succesful candidates will be notified on june14...so hopefully will get the result whatever it may be by mid june... cant cope up with the anxiety if it gets any longer..lol.
Original post by raaa_sh
Hi Travis, Did you choose the finance and accounting program that they offered you a place in as your second choice when submitting the application?I applied to the risk management and financial engineering course but I received an email saying that I was rejected and

Hi, no I didn’t actually. Only applied for investment management as I had other business schools I applied to.

Sorry to hear about the rejection, hopefully they’ll offer a place on your back up course or you will success at another b school.

Cheers
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Travis, thank you for responding and congrats on getting into other B schools. Actually, Im currently doing my masters in fin but doing it completely online as Australia is not allowing int students. I did 1/3rd of the program and took leave...have to continue from sep. Now desparately want to shift to UK as it seems like I might complete my whole masters sitting at home and you might not believe this but good master programs in Aus are way costlier than the ones in UK.. even more than top ranked ones like Imperial..
Imperial seems to be offering alternative choices to more applicants...I have come across many such posts. I will be super happy even if I get my second choice which is rsk mgmt. They mentioned succesful candidates will be notified on june14...so hopefully will get the result whatever it may be by mid june... cant cope up with the anxiety if it gets any longer..lol.

Cheers dude for the congrat, and I totally understand the anxiety you might be going through. The whole process is so long winded and annoying to have to wait - especially with the pain you had with online class.

Aussie unis are expensive man, you’re much better in UK. Imperial is still expensive though.

I’m sure you’ll have more success in UK. In September it will either be a full time in person learning or a mix with online. That’s what Henley Business School is doing anyway.

Good luck with application anyway, I’m sure you’ll get in and then things will be plain sailing from there 😎

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending