Help with university selection please

I have offers from the following universities
Msc financial management- Birmingham university
Msc finance and investment- Liverpool University
Msc finance and investment Bristol university
Msc finance and accounting- Sheffield university
Msc finance Exeter university
Msc finance strathclyde university

Could someone please help me choose which one would be best to land a job in finance sector? Which has the best employers?
I am scared about getting a job afterwards
i plan ob preparing for cfa as well
Original post by Sadhvi123

Could someone please help me choose which one would be best to land a job in finance sector? Which has the best employers?

Hey @Sadhvi123 :smile: Pleased to hear you're considering Strathclyde as one of your options!

We have a really popular MSc Finance programme that focuses on building your skills and setting you up well for employment. It has accreditation from both the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. One thing that a lot of the students enjoy taking part in is the Amplify Trading Boot Camp which gives students really good experience of financial markets. We're known as the 'Place of Useful Learning' and bring this in to our degrees by giving students genuine useful opportunities that will set you up well for the world of work :biggrin:

It's important to remmber though that an employer doesn't hire a degree or a university - they hire you :h: It's always a good idea to make the most of your Masters programme by attending networking events, building your experience and developing your skillset (both specifically in the Finance areas but also soft skills like communication and team working) so that you have lots of good examples to show your competency in an interview. We've got a great Careers service here that run a number of events throughout the year including the Scottish Graduate Fair so you'd have lots of opportunities to speak with employers and find out what they're looking for. Make the most of those services at your chosen uni, particularly if you're nervous about employment prospects afterwards as they could give you tailored careers guidance.

Wishing you tons of luck wherever you decide to study!! :smartass:

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Original post by Sadhvi123

Hi @Sadhvi123

Firstly, congratulations on your offer!! I'd suggest you to please compare the modules of the course from the universities and choose the one which you feel are most interesting to you and will help you with career growth. Alongside, do a good research on the life at all the universities, try getting in touch with alumni and know what they say about their experience, compare pros and cons and then come to a conclusion. Hope this helps :smile:.

Kind regards
Bhavya Harika
Student Ambassador - Coventry University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending