The Student Room Group

Feeling very depressed don’t know what to do

Im 17 in sixth form

For a while recently I’ve been feeling very depressed and I need help but don’t know what to do.
Talking to my parents is out of the question.

I’m having lots of issues:

Struggle speaking to girls
Struggle making friends
I’m very shy
I hate my part time job
I find no motivation to revise for school
I’m always tired
I have terrible health anxiety
I have adult video addiction

I cannot talk to my parents it’s just not possible I can’t talk to them about stuff like that.

I don’t know what to do should I talk to a doctor or school counsellor

A therapist seems a good option but I wouldn’t even know where to start
I think doctor or a school counsellor is a really good place to start. Maybe go chat with your school nurse if you have one. They may be able to connect you with school counselling services or help you arrange to have a phone appointment with your doctor at school (to avoid your parents hearing). You could self-refer to CAMHS, but they can be quite oversubscribed, and as far as I know, if you are not ‘urgent’ when deciding to see you they take into account whether you have engaged with school services (ie if you have and it hasn’t worked you are more likely to be seen). There are also crisis lines you can ring, such as the Samaritans or Childline. This website: https://www.blurtitout.org/ is super useful. It has lots of information on depression, it helps you to understand it more.
I hope this helps, you are doing the right thing by trying to reach out, and I promise this will get better. :console:
Original post by heldbygrace
I think doctor or a school counsellor is a really good place to start. Maybe go chat with your school nurse if you have one. They may be able to connect you with school counselling services or help you arrange to have a phone appointment with your doctor at school (to avoid your parents hearing). You could self-refer to CAMHS, but they can be quite oversubscribed, and as far as I know, if you are not ‘urgent’ when deciding to see you they take into account whether you have engaged with school services (ie if you have and it hasn’t worked you are more likely to be seen). There are also crisis lines you can ring, such as the Samaritans or Childline. This website: https://www.blurtitout.org/ is super useful. It has lots of information on depression, it helps you to understand it more.
I hope this helps, you are doing the right thing by trying to reach out, and I promise this will get better. :console:

i got diagnose last year with depression in november and it helps to talk about it toi someone
Original post by Krombopulisvoid
Im 17 in sixth form

For a while recently I’ve been feeling very depressed and I need help but don’t know what to do.

Struggle making friends
I’m very shy
I hate my part time job
I’m always tired

I cannot talk to my parents it’s just not possible I can’t talk to them about stuff like that.

First, stop watching adult videos.

Second, ring your GP and book an appointment. Ask them whether they can refer to you to a counsellor.

Third, look for female friends.
Original post by Wise Goldie
i got diagnose last year with depression in november and it helps to talk about it toi someone

Aww Goldie. I got diagnosed with depression 2 weeks ago. We can do it Goldie :hugs: always here for you :yes:
Aww Goldie. I got diagnosed with depression 2 weeks ago. We can do it Goldie :hugs: always here for you :yes:

did you not pray about it lol

that a joke

your right it sucked me down so i was really low and hated myself i hope you get better soom miririam :console:

maybe it cos you have exams soon:frown:
Original post by Wise Goldie
did you not pray about it lol

that a joke

your right it sucked me down so i was really low and hated myself i hope you get better soom miririam :console:

maybe it cos you have exams soon:frown:

Hang on a few mins, I’ll reply in vm becuse I don’t want to derail the thread.
Reply 7
- Depression - Take Vitamin D supplements everyday, eat more protein. Small, basic changes helped me too.
- Girls - Seems like partial social anxiety, email your tutor or something, it'll definitely help, I've been through this.
- Quit your job. It's for the best.
- No Motivation? Ask your Tutor to assign you a time for revision, revising at home may not be for you.
- Healthy Anxiety - GP speak to him/her.
- Adult video addiction - This one is difficult, the best you can do is an alternative, quitting is not viable and the success rate is very low. Watch twerking videos on YouTube, they'll do fine. If you're really desparate, go back to adult videos, but then go back to YouTube. You don't feel as bad after ejaculating too.
Reply 8
Im 17 in sixth form

Struggle making friends
I’m very shy
I hate my part time job
I’m always tired

I would start with Childline at this point, perhaps making an appointment with your GP later on.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

Im 17 in sixth form

Struggle making friends
I’m very shy
I hate my part time job
I’m always tired

Hey damn that sucks and ive been feeling the same way especially at 17 if u wanna talk to me about it i wouldnt mind,my part time job was the worst lol

Quick Reply

Latest