The Student Room Group

Interests in JDM Cars and Initial D

I was wondering if it was just me and my friend or if there’s anyone else that likes Japanese cars especially, and modifying them. Huge fan and inspiration comes from the anime Initial D! Would love to know if there are people with the same interest and if so, what got you into it and more importantly, what’s your favourite car?
Reply 1
Original post by iArcanic
I was wondering if it was just me and my friend or if there’s anyone else that likes Japanese cars especially, and modifying them. Huge fan and inspiration comes from the anime Initial D! Would love to know if there are people with the same interest and if so, what got you into it and more importantly, what’s your favourite car?

Are you talking about the ones similar to those in fast and furious movies?
Reply 2
Original post by Amin7
Are you talking about the ones similar to those in fast and furious movies?

Uh yeah from the old ones
Reply 3
Uh yeah from the old ones

Oh yeah, like the one Paul Walker had in one of the movies
Reply 4
Original post by Amin7
Oh yeah, like the one Paul Walker had in one of the movies

Yeah he had an r34

Not just u and ur freind - am a huge fan of jdm - and japanese tuning and 3rd party mod manufacturers. I guess inital d really got me into it. Right now, i am loving the early gen soarers and evo 7 / gc8 sti
Reply 6
Original post by hasnain786
Not just u and ur freind - am a huge fan of jdm - and japanese tuning and 3rd party mod manufacturers. I guess inital d really got me into it. Right now, i am loving the early gen soarers and evo 7 / gc8 sti

ay thats my g. rn tho im loving the porsche 911 rwb as well as the 240z from wangan midnight. but yh initial d for me as well was a huge inspiration but my friend got me into cars firstly
ay thats my g. rn tho im loving the porsche 911 rwb as well as the 240z from wangan midnight. but yh initial d for me as well was a huge inspiration but my friend got me into cars firstly

was into cars from wayyy before but only jdm after intial d. Hate the cringe that comes with it tho. Tiktok is a curse.
Reply 8
Original post by hasnain786
was into cars from wayyy before but only jdm after intial d. Hate the cringe that comes with it tho. Tiktok is a curse.

yh same like from 2015 or so. the only think i like tbh is the aesthetic edits and cinematics, not the tiktok ones.
yh same like from 2015 or so. the only think i like tbh is the aesthetic edits and cinematics, not the tiktok ones.

yh

add me to this list.. but electric cars are taking over tbh. I mean its not really bad news.. but i wish i could drive the old cars and hear engines and turbocharger/supercharger for at least a decade before switching to electric cars... i guess i was born a little late xD. Atleast i got instant torque and faster acceleration to look forward to when i start driving electric cars :smile:

But i heard porsche is developing a new synthetic fuel.. which maybe keep old cars functioning.. but idk what the progress on that is...
Original post by InfiniteWill
add me to this list.. but electric cars are taking over tbh. I mean its not really bad news.. but i wish i could drive the old cars and hear engines and turbocharger/supercharger for at least a decade before switching to electric cars... i guess i was born a little late xD. Atleast i got instant torque and faster acceleration to look forward to when i start driving electric cars :smile:

But i heard porsche is developing a new synthetic fuel.. which maybe keep old cars functioning.. but idk what the progress on that is...

yh electric rally cars are already being trialled, but considering the amount of 10+ years older cars there are on the road atm, we wont really see a big change until about 15 years or so

Quick Reply

Latest