The Student Room Group

What was your first car?

What was your first car?
Fiat punto
Reply 2
20230401132802_IMG_5327.jpgThis was my first car back in 2021 - a 1994 Mk2 Volkswagen Polo 'Coupe' I affectionately named Bean. I still have him, although I only take him out during the summer now as he is a 30 year old classic! Last year when I started uni I bought a Fiat Panda 100hp as a gift to myself, which is a cracking little car! It has the engine of the Abarth 595 cars but non-turbocharged. Very fun little hot (warm) hatch :smile:
03 10 23 1.jpg
Original post by Emma:-)
Fiat punto

Same here but I had to scrap it as it was absolutely rotten (holes in the wheel arches)

Original post by oligti
20230401132802_IMG_5327.jpgThis was my first car back in 2021 - a 1994 Mk2 Volkswagen Polo 'Coupe' I affectionately named Bean. I still have him, although I only take him out during the summer now as he is a 30 year old classic! Last year when I started uni I bought a Fiat Panda 100hp as a gift to myself, which is a cracking little car! It has the engine of the Abarth 595 cars but non-turbocharged. Very fun little hot (warm) hatch :smile:
03 10 23 1.jpg

Nice :biggrin: it's quite hard to find a decent Panda 100hp :smile: often they have been thrashed around :biggrin: I wish car manufacturers would go back to these small fun cars ;_;
Reply 4
Original post by CoolCavy
Nice :biggrin: it's quite hard to find a decent Panda 100hp :smile: often they have been thrashed around :biggrin: I wish car manufacturers would go back to these small fun cars ;_;

Yes a lot seem to have been owned by boy racers and the like, I think I got quite lucky but did lots of research before I bought both cars which I really recommend anyone do :biggrin: Theres no cheap 'throw it round b road' cars nowadays! its all expensive and fast or cheap and miserable
Original post by CoolCavy
Same here but I had to scrap it as it was absolutely rotten (holes in the wheel arches)

I only kept mine 6 months because it was that unreliable
A 1.0L naturally aspirated 58 reg corsa. Loved the car and miss it to bits. I haven't owned a car since I sold her off 6 years ago
(tldr use my dad's as he's retired, thus doesn't use it for anything minus shopping with my mum)
Reply 7
Nissan Qashqai 2.0 AWD 2012

Only bought it a few months ago.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending