The Student Room Group

Parked whilst on phone (but had the engine running)

Yesterday I was in a Mcdonald's car park waiting for my order, it was really hot so I had the engine on so the AC would work. I was using my phone to order and do some other stuff, but only noticed a few minutes before I was about to leave that a police car had driven past behind me. I don't think they noticed, but I'm concerned in case they did but didn't bother to come to speak to me (hopefully no prosecution notice). Obviously, I was clearly parked and luckily my engine is pretty quiet so I don't think they'd know. On the 29th I'll have had my license for 2 years, but I get paranoid about everything because you can't get more than 6 points.
If they didn't exit their car to inspect you / your car or try to initiate a conversation then do not worry - they would check whether someone was inside the car and what they were doing before they made any actions. If they wanted to prosecute you for this, they would've done something then and there...
Reply 2
Original post by taylor2317
If they didn't exit their car to inspect you / your car or try to initiate a conversation then do not worry - they would check whether someone was inside the car and what they were doing before they made any actions. If they wanted to prosecute you for this, they would've done something then and there...

True, I never touch my phone whilst moving. I suspect the other parked cars probably were doing similar to me, the new rules about not being able to use a phone whilst the engine is on (even if you're parked) are kinda silly imo.
You’ll be fine. They’ll have been more concerned about getting their nuggs than people idling in the car park.
It's a parking lot, they don't care.
Reply 5
I wouldn't worry, they would have spoken to you if they were really bothered or even noticed. Since you were in a car park and parked up I doubt they would really care whether the engine was running or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending