The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Oral Health Science - Essex Southend Campus

For those who firmed Essex Uni and the Southend campus for this course can we discuss accomodation options!!!
Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wonder how many students they offered to study at southend, so far i have only come across 2
Hey. I am thinking of privately renting a room in shared house ( if i cant find any good one) prolly look at uni accommodation but really not up for halls ngl.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Raykha
I wonder how many students they offered to study at southend, so far i have only come across 2
Hey. I am thinking of privately renting a room in shared house ( if i cant find any good one) prolly look at uni accommodation but really not up for halls ngl.

I wonder too. I'm looking into finding accomodation but I literally don't know where to start haahaa.
Reply 3
Original post by chenesel33
I wonder too. I'm looking into finding accomodation but I literally don't know where to start haahaa.

Same. I did look for privately rented room in shared house but their tenancy contracts all starts from june! I did look at student accommodation but tbh they are all same price as privately rented so not sure which one works better tbh
Hi , do you know if we would be eligible for the extra funding through the Nhs LSF for the oral health science course?
Reply 5
Original post by AZZOSEAN96
Hi , do you know if we would be eligible for the extra funding through the Nhs LSF for the oral health science course?

I think they say that dental hygiene course is eligible for that funding.
Thank you, I look forward to meeting you both in September.
Hey, I'll be studying this course also in septemeber! My friend said it can be a rough area so she stayed in uni student accommodation. I'm not sure what to do yet but leaning more towards that too just for safety and really close to campus. But itll be lovely to meet you all!
Reply 8
That makes sense for closeness to campus but i don't think that i could handle living in student halls 😂. Im still looking at rentals and ive seen a few good, reasonably priced ones.
Reply 9
That makes sense for closeness to campus but i don't think that i could handle living in student halls 😂. Im still looking at rentals and ive seen a few good, reasonably priced ones.

Same, m looking to privately rent with another friend.
Does anyone know anything regarding parking and prices etc. I was hoping to bring my car but looks like it'll cost a bomb!
Reply 11
Hi guys is there a group chat yet?
Reply 12
Please pm me if you firmed colchester campus 😊
Reply 13
Hey guys, I’m deferring my place for a year - which means someone on the waiting list will get it!!

Wondering if anyone needs a room to rent in Southend (requires a guarantor) and a 2nd year oral health student lives there! Let me know
Reply 14
Original post by psx
Hey guys, I’m deferring my place for a year - which means someone on the waiting list will get it!!

Wondering if anyone needs a room to rent in Southend (requires a guarantor) and a 2nd year oral health student lives there! Let me know

Hi, whereabouts is the room, how big is it and how much is it per month?

Thanks
Reply 15
Hi, whereabouts is the room, how big is it and how much is it per month?

Thanks

Hey,

So it’s in Southend 25 Balmoral Road if you want to put that into maps.

It’s a lovely modern house and room as it was recently redone inside.

It’s £565 a month and £250 deposit.

There’s a bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet very modern that is shared with only one other room - as the others have en-suites.

They’re all students and one student is year 2 hyg student.

It’s 11 months minimum term but that makes sense for our course anyways - it’s not permit parking which is a dream in Southend this genuinely sold it to me that there are parking spaces that don’t need permits! 4 min drive to uni or 10 minute walk.

Let me know if you wanna know anything else feel free to message me :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by psx
Hey,

So it’s in Southend 25 Balmoral Road if you want to put that into maps.

It’s a lovely modern house and room as it was recently redone inside.

It’s £565 a month and £250 deposit.

There’s a bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet very modern that is shared with only one other room - as the others have en-suites.

They’re all students and one student is year 2 hyg student.

It’s 11 months minimum term but that makes sense for our course anyways - it’s not permit parking which is a dream in Southend this genuinely sold it to me that there are parking spaces that don’t need permits! 4 min drive to uni or 10 minute walk.

Let me know if you wanna know anything else feel free to message me :smile:

Hi,
Thank you so much for all that information, I will consider it and let you know.
It sounds pretty great.
Reply 17
Hi,
Thank you so much for all that information, I will consider it and let you know.
It sounds pretty great.

That’s okay, yes let me know :smile: it’s through an estate agents which makes it a bit more secure. I believe there is also a 2 week communal cleaner!
Hey :smile: does anyone know if there is a whatsapp group for oral health ? Xx
Hey guys, I can create a WhatsApp group for the Southend students, if there isn't one already! Send me your number in dms

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending