The Student Room Group

Targeted Child method within childcare

what is a limitation for a 'targeted child' observation in childcare
Can you expand on your question a bit? Are you asking about a limitation of the method? Can you give a bit more context?
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Can you expand on your question a bit? Are you asking about a limitation of the method? Can you give a bit more context?

So, i wanted to ask is what is a disadvantage, an advantage and limitation of this type/method of observation in the setting; 'TARGETED CHILD' and yes, i am asking this question in regards to the method mentioned in bold.
Original post by Aminaofficial
So, i wanted to ask is what is a disadvantage, an advantage and limitation of this type/method of observation in the setting; 'TARGETED CHILD' and yes, i am asking this question in regards to the method mentioned in bold.

An advantage- you can observe one child in depth and get a clear picture of their behaviour/needs.
A disadvantage- you may miss wider context that relates to the child's behaviour.
A limitation- you can only carry out this type of observation for a limited amount of time e.g. a day. You may therefore struggle to pick up patterns in behaviour or miss behaviour of concern.

Is that the type of thing you were after?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending