The Student Room Group

Childcare grant: Can we add/use childcare in Northern Ireland?

Hi all,

My partner is in his final year of Uni and we receive the childcare grant. He has placement in Northern Ireland from Jan for 8 weeks. I also work, sometimes nights and weekends so we are trying to work out a schedule. If our child went to my partner for a few days, could he add her with a registered childminder in Northern Ireland for the childcare grant? As in, will Student Finance allow/pay for an NI childcare provider?

Thanks for any help. I’ve searched and searched but can’t find any answers for this.
Original post by Sbrown19
Hi all,

My partner is in his final year of Uni and we receive the childcare grant. He has placement in Northern Ireland from Jan for 8 weeks. I also work, sometimes nights and weekends so we are trying to work out a schedule. If our child went to my partner for a few days, could he add her with a registered childminder in Northern Ireland for the childcare grant? As in, will Student Finance allow/pay for an NI childcare provider?

Thanks for any help. I’ve searched and searched but can’t find any answers for this.

Hi there,

The child minder would need to be OFSTED registered to be eligible.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

The child minder would need to be OFSTED registered to be eligible.

Thanks,
Claire

Thank you for your reply. It looks like the equivalent to this in Northern Ireland would be the ETI (which they would be approved with) but I’m guessing it has to actually be OFSTED and not an equivalent?
Thank you for your reply. It looks like the equivalent to this in Northern Ireland would be the ETI (which they would be approved with) but I’m guessing it has to actually be OFSTED and not an equivalent?

Hi there,

Would the childcare provider be registered by the local Health and Social Care Trust? If not then they won't be eligible.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Would the childcare provider be registered by the local Health and Social Care Trust? If not then they won't be eligible.

Thanks,
Claire

Yes, they have confirmed that they are registered with the Health and Social care trust in Northern Ireland. So this would be OK then?
Yes, they have confirmed that they are registered with the Health and Social care trust in Northern Ireland. So this would be OK then?

Hi there, yeah that should be okay. Thanks, Ross
Reply 6
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there, yeah that should be okay. Thanks, Ross

Thank you very much
Thank you very much

You're welcome! Any further queries just let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending