The Student Room Group

Child care grant

Hello i aplied for child care grunt back payment they send me a letter saying you are not eligable because you should applied within 9 month of acadamic year but you applied on 11 month so send us a letter why you didnt applie on time and evedence what shall i send us evedence thank you
Hi Tigist123,

You will need to send us a cover letter outlining the reasons outside your control which meant that you could not apply for funding with the 9 month deadline

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Tigist123,

You will need to send us a cover letter outlining the reasons outside your control which meant that you could not apply for funding with the 9 month deadline

Thanks,
Calum

Thank you for your replay but i didnt apply because i wasnt aware and i paid for 1 year from my pocket do u think this is enough reason and i will get the refund or is there anything alse i need to send to support my claim thank you
Hi Tigist123,

It's unlikely that this will be considered as a valid reason, there is nothing else that you need to send apart from the cover letter

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Tigist123,

It's unlikely that this will be considered as a valid reason, there is nothing else that you need to send apart from the cover letter

Thanks,
Calum

Thank you for your replay but what is the valid reason not to aply because i heard about child care late and its only 1 mont passed from the deadline within that month september i wasnt well so shall i send a letter from the doctor i visted that month
Original post by Tigist123
Thank you for your replay but what is the valid reason not to aply because i heard about child care late and its only 1 mont passed from the deadline within that month september i wasnt well so shall i send a letter from the doctor i visted that month

Hi Tigist123,

As the deadline dates are publicly available on the website as well as information regarding the Childcare Grant, it is not likely that not knowing to apply would be an acceptable reason that you have applied passed the deadline. In certain circumstances, the assessors may be allowed to accept the late application for this if there is a personal reason as to why you didn't apply such as personal or financial circumstances that affected your decision not to initially apply. It would be treated on a case by case basis, therefore it would be entirely dependent on your personal situation.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Tigist123,

As the deadline dates are publicly available on the website as well as information regarding the Childcare Grant, it is not likely that not knowing to apply would be an acceptable reason that you have applied passed the deadline. In certain circumstances, the assessors may be allowed to accept the late application for this if there is a personal reason as to why you didn't apply such as personal or financial circumstances that affected your decision not to initially apply. It would be treated on a case by case basis, therefore it would be entirely dependent on your personal situation.

Thanks, Clare

Hi i read on the website it say we could refund up to 9 month but not mentioning the deadline to apply within 9 month
Reply 7
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Tigist123,

Thanks, Clare

And i get a letter about grunt aproved for 2023 to 2024 is it back date or is it for comong year starting january
Original post by Tigist123
And i get a letter about grunt aproved for 2023 to 2024 is it back date or is it for comong year starting january

Hi there,

For the 23/24 Academic Year it would start on your first day of that Academic Year. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending